PDA

View Full Version : breaking up sputterig full throttel

rustee
07-15-2006, 10:05 AM
hello guys we ran birch creek last week bike ran extremly well. came home changed the oil gave it a bath parked it. we are going to ashtabula ohio next week to race started bike up took out for a little run breaking up bad on full throttel revs will come up if i open it slowley to a point then starts breaking up again. if i punch it in neutral bike stoped instant breaking up almost sound like its hitting the rev limiter. any ideas could my cdi box have gone bad ? i am beside my self screwed around with this for hours checking wireing connectors etc. and we leave thursday this sucks! any info or were to start would be great thanks all rustee................

Pappy
07-15-2006, 10:07 AM
check the float bowl for debris

rustee
07-15-2006, 10:18 AM
thanks pappy did that all is good drained fuel tank made sure nice and dry put fresh c12 in still same really banging my head here.

07-15-2006, 12:59 PM
try running it with out the air box lid on...my 450 was running too lean so i put tape over the holes i drilled in the air box lid temporarily untill i get jets and it sputtered at full throttle so i took the tape off and it ran fine again so just take the airbox lid off and see if that works if u didnt try that already

07-15-2006, 01:50 PM
we had the same problem as you, we got a batch of bad gas, plus the humidity and hot weather made us way rich, we went from the 70's to the 90's in a matter of a week, we cleaned the carb, the filter, put all new gas in it, and jetted it leaner, dropped from a 190 to a 180, and now it runs perfect

rustee
07-15-2006, 06:59 PM
thanks for the advice guys!!!
after screwing around with it all day even pulled the rocker cover off and ck the timing marks to make sure it did not jump. swaped out everything with a buddies bike still the same. got pissed off loaded it back in the truck took it home pulled it out but the seat on and tried it again and it rips again no breaking up. i think i must have an electrical issue going on we had every think un pluged evend opend up the harness. now i am wondering what to do about it . its going to be one very dirty machine if i dont figure it out. but for now it off too ohio. thanks guys . any one have a used 450r main harness?? rustee