PDA

View Full Version : Carb question

FMF215
07-15-2006, 08:13 AM
im not sure what sizes the carbs are that i got i think like a 36 or somthing round there is whats on it now and i got a 38 or 39 sitting there as well and i was just wondering what the diff would be? would it be worth putting the bigger carb on? and what needs to be done to change it? just jetting or what?

RayWilt
07-18-2006, 01:49 PM
bigger carb will def give you more power. you will have to mess with the jetting and maybe the cable depending on the carb caps. Will give you alot more top end though

wilkin250r
07-18-2006, 03:18 PM
As a general rule, a bigger carb will give you more top-end power, but worse low-end and throttle response. A smaller carb gives you the opposite, better low-end and throttle response.

A lot of this also depends on the size of your motor. A 38mm is a big carb on a stock bore, but it's just right for a 330cc big-bore motor.

So, the size of the carb depends on your engine size and riding style. If you have a stock bore and ride tight trails, I'd suggest a 36mm. If you have a stock bore, but you ride dunes, or some type of riding that requires top-end power, then go with a 38mm.

Yes, you would need to change your jetting, and I would also suggest a new set of reeds.