PDA

View Full Version : The future of riding?

mole97
07-15-2006, 02:38 AM
I was just sitting here bored and thinking. So now it made me Think about this. I know I'm older than ALOT of people on here ,so I remember growing up and basically if you rode dirtbikes(cause back then noone had trikes,only a few) you could go 5 minutes away and ride AALLL DAYYY LONG just about anywhere! nowadays I got to drive at least 45 minutes to the nearest track. Forget riding on property,cause there's none left,(around here) . And it seems like all you read about is land being sold off to builders,tracks being closed down,quads being banned, get my point? I have 2 kids who would love to ride a 5 year old and a 2 yr old. and believe me they will. but then I think about when they get older and see the way things are going and I don't feel so sure there is a future. example: I love hockey, played for almost 15 years, but no longer because what do you need/ ICE. It's not like I own a rink. And tryin to get ice time is like tryin to get a new kidney. Same for ridin. what do you need LAND ! I don't know how it is every where else,but it just seems like evey day I hear of another track closed down,a riding area shut down
:ermm: w.t.f. b.tw. I do belong to the a.ma. and the a.t.v.a . Just wanted to see and hear everyones opinion ,and to vent for a minute....thanx peace....

tp300ex
07-15-2006, 03:06 AM
im glad my family got land hope it dosnt get like that around here!:(

Mx_523
07-15-2006, 07:44 AM
All trails are being closed and shut down. My community banned quads and bikes about a year ago. People been riding quads and bikes ever since the community was started (about 15 years ago). The only places left will be tracks and trails designated to atvs or bikes. I guess its a dying sport, but more ad more people are joining it.

Pappy
07-15-2006, 07:46 AM
Local riding is and always has been tough. A good spot gets shut down the second more then 3 bikes find out about it.

Get involved, police those that are causing problems at riding areas and promote our sport in a positive image where ever you can.

Mx_523
07-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Local riding is and always has been tough. A good spot gets shut down the second more then 3 bikes find out about it.

Get involved, police those that are causing problems at riding areas and promote our sport in a positive image where ever you can.

Around here the damage is already done.:ermm: Theres not a thing you can do about them also. The tree huggers will complain about the noise, tearing up everything and the emissions.

They are all stuborn to. They won't stop *****ing until they get what they want.

rancher350rider
07-15-2006, 07:54 AM
where i live there is no leagel spot the just bilt a track about a month ago 45mins away then the only other track is 2 hours away there is a few parks but they are 3 hours to 6 hours away.