PDA

View Full Version : four stroke tech

fox17
07-14-2006, 09:20 AM
i was wonderin if four stroke tech is a good company. i went online and found a lot of stuff i would like to get so i was wonderin if anybody has ordered from them and if the stuff is good.

Mx_523
07-14-2006, 10:28 AM
I heard nothing but good new from them. A lot of people here have their 330cc bit bore kit and love it.

bwamos
07-14-2006, 12:05 PM
I got a full blown 330ex done by them a few years back. Port/Polish, Oversized Valves, Cam, CDI mod, Piston, Sleeve, etc... I spen't about $1200 on my engine work not including the pipe and filter.

It's still running strong. Mickey Dunlap dies a great job.

I wouldn't have an issue having Curtis Sparks, GT Thunder, DASA, or a few other guys work on my ATV.

For the money though.. I'd stick with Full System Pipe (silencer and header), Filter, CDI mod, and a cam. After that do some suspension upgrades.

Anything beyond is blowing money because you can. Beyond basic suspension upgrades, and bolt-on engine upgrades I'd just upgrade to a 400ex.

If you're racing sport class it's a different story of course.

Pappy
07-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
I got a full blown 330ex done by them a few years back. Port/Polish, Oversized Valves, Cam, CDI mod, Piston, Sleeve, etc... I spen't about $1200 on my engine work not including the pipe and filter.

It's still running strong. Mickey Dunlap dies a great job.

I wouldn't have an issue having Curtis Sparks, GT Thunder, DASA, or a few other guys work on my ATV.

For the money though.. I'd stick with Full System Pipe (silencer and header), Filter, CDI mod, and a cam. After that do some suspension upgrades.

Anything beyond is blowing money because you can. Beyond basic suspension upgrades, and bolt-on engine upgrades I'd just upgrade to a 400ex.

If you're racing sport class it's a different story of course.

very well stated:)

fox17
07-14-2006, 03:14 PM
what kind of suspension upgrades? like shocks and a arms?

and yea, im not sure bout all the engine upgrades it would be a lot of $$$ for a couple extra hp. i would rather just save up and get a 450r (eventually). im probably gonna just do the exhaust jet kit and maybe the cam. i already got a k and n filter. i want a rev bix and that is all except suspension. maybe wheels and tires. just other little stuff for the looks.

Floorit
07-14-2006, 06:22 PM
OK.....you sparked my interests too.

As you can see by my sig, that's my set-up now. I was , and still am considering FST to do the 330 kit in mine. Then again, I think I can do it myself....meaning as far as the sleeve and bigger piston part of it anyway.

I'm interested in putting a cam in my quad ever since I heard of the HRC kit that Honda sells for the 400EX and the 450R. Problem is.....no one makes an HRC kit for the 300EX....even though I was told by my dealer, that in 2007, there will be a HRC kit released for the 300EX...which I highly doubt.

Based on my set-up now, and considering the 330 kit, which is the best cam for me to use for an all around torque increase??

Thanks..

Floorit

fox17
07-14-2006, 08:23 PM
call FST and ask them. they should no.

Lurch
07-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Mickey built my 37cc stroket Mojave and the thing RIPS!

bwamos
07-17-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm running an FST's agressive MX Cam in my 330. (don't know the grind# off the top of my head sorry). It fit's my riding style.

When ordering a cam, just tell them what mods you have, what style you ride, and how you like to ride. Do you like to lug it out of the corners, or do you spend most of the time in the higher rpms, etc.

bwamos
07-17-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by fox17
what kind of suspension upgrades? like shocks and a arms?

and yea, im not sure bout all the engine upgrades it would be a lot of $$$ for a couple extra hp. i would rather just save up and get a 450r (eventually). im probably gonna just do the exhaust jet kit and maybe the cam. i already got a k and n filter. i want a rev bix and that is all except suspension. maybe wheels and tires. just other little stuff for the looks.

For the 300ex.. you ahve lots of option on suspension depending on what you want.

For most people who ride a variety of terrains and conditions (trail, dunes, occasional mx, etc..) I'd reccomend a set of +2 or +3 arms and some recretaional series Elkas. +0/+4 Axle. Honestly I'd go standard travel.. but some people dont mind paying the extra $500 for a LT system. Again, I wouldn't go dropping too much money on a 300ex unless you're racing it.

fox17
07-17-2006, 09:37 AM
yea. i was lookin around at 450Rs and i might just sell the 300ex and go buy one of them in a couple of months. with all the money it would cost me to customize the 300 i could go buy a new 05 (if any body has one) or 06 leftover 450R for cheaper. havent decided yet though.

bwamos
07-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by fox17
yea. i was lookin around at 450Rs and i might just sell the 300ex and go buy one of them in a couple of months. with all the money it would cost me to customize the 300 i could go buy a new 05 (if any body has one) or 06 leftover 450R for cheaper. havent decided yet though.

Yup.. and you could definatly get a 400ex a lot cheaper. Hell you could have a nice already tricked out trx250r for less money.. lol.

fox17
07-17-2006, 05:50 PM
yea i no. dont really want a 2 stroke though. but yeah we are selling the streetbike and gonna get a 450R asap. then we are sellin the 300ex.