PDA

View Full Version : 06 Supercrank

chad502ex
07-13-2006, 07:27 PM
hey ppl.

just wanted others to get the chance to see the product and service that Falicon Cranks has to offer its customers

This crankshaft is for the 06 TRX450ER and is blueprinted, lightened, trued, harmonically balanced to 331grams, welded with Knife rod installed. IMO: a pure work of art.

chad502ex
07-13-2006, 07:28 PM
because of the rod base bearing, it was extremely difficult to get the rod erect!

needed some vaigra (sp?) - the crank not me. hehe

:D

mbiigambler
07-13-2006, 08:13 PM
what makes it a supercrank? is it stroked or something?

hoopd450
07-13-2006, 08:37 PM
i like that alot. i just wish they had a smaller price tag.

czrider263
07-13-2006, 10:19 PM
there are alot of things that makes it a super crank. It is not stroked tho.

I know it is lightend,tured, polished,new rod,and more

Thanks chad for the pic

mbiigambler
07-14-2006, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by hoopd450
i like that alot. i just wish they had a smaller price tag.

What is the price tag for it?

Does it add any performance gains?

Is there any problems with the 06 cranks?

ChrisSekerak
07-14-2006, 07:27 AM
Those cranks are very good quality, myself I prefer the Desert Rat crank with the stock bore cylinder.
This winter I plan on installing one of those cranks.

I believe the cranks start aroun $995?? could be wrong.

czrider263
07-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Chad what are the hp gains from this crank i know that it being lighter should rev faster and it is stroger than stock?

quadhauler
07-14-2006, 11:44 AM
I know Falicons are of the highest quality and the Cannondale folks have had great luck with them. Really though unless you trash your stocker awfully pricey since the stock Honda crank seems to work just fine. The Cannondales were a ticking time bomb with their stock cranks though so the Falicon made sense... Is this a modified stocker or completely new crank?

czrider263
07-14-2006, 12:05 PM
I think they take a stock crank with a new baaring since u can't get them without the whole crank. then they do all of there work.

chad can you fill them in on everything they do?

i know they do more than put there rod on and polish and lighten it? i think they change the oil throw offs or something?

chad502ex
07-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Falicon are the leaders in manufacturing crankshafts. These ppl make their own cranks unlike most crank houses that can only balance and stroke cranks. Falicon cranks are the designers of Suziki streetbike OEM cranks too. Just goes to show, these ppl are crankshaft gods,... LOL! worth every penny IMO with the best customer service I've seen and experienced as of late.

The Supercrank is an OEM crankshaft blueprinted, trued, lightened, and welded. Blueprinting is basically polished and cryo-coated with the Falicon Knife Rod installed

The Supecrank is better for faster reving cause its lighter than Falicons billet cranks or even OEM. Its like installing the benefits of a lightened flywheel with all the added benefits of a harmonically balanced bottom end. The welding prohibits the crank journel halves from twisting under high engine loads causing rod base bearing failures

Harmonically balanced or trued to the piston pack (entire kit) reduces internal vibrations that can rob from overall power output. Not really a power adder but more of a power reducer.