PDA

View Full Version : Video of open practice at twister valley fort plaing NY

400exrider707
07-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Heres a short vid of me and my buddy at twister valley. Its a mix vid of the MX track and the SX track. Some of the shots were done from a 20 foot tower. If you notice the finish line jump, which is the one where we are almost level with the camera, that is about 10 feet in the air and its about a 65 foot top to top jump. 70 for the sweet spot. If anyone has never been I highly recommend going out for open practice on tuesdays or racing on friday nights. Excellent track and they love quads just as much if not more than bikes!!!:D

http://media.putfile.com/DKM-Twister-Valley

also their website is www.twistervalley.com Thanks

exrider008
07-13-2006, 05:23 PM
thats an awsome vid. were in NY is that track cuz i live in vermont and there is NO mx tracks for quads and i really want to start racing but i thought that the closest place was jolly in NH.

EDIT: i didnt see that u posted up the web site. so dont mine my ?.

it's a 4 hour drive from my house so is it worth the ride out there?

theTman
07-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
thats an awsome vid. were in NY is that track cuz i live in vermont and there is NO mx tracks for quads and i really want to start racing but i thought that the closest place was jolly in NH.

EDIT: i didnt see that u posted up the web site. so dont mine my ?.

it's a 4 hour drive from my house so is it worth the ride out there?

why dont you join neatv? there are tracks we race at in MA NH and NY

exrider008
07-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by theTman

how do i join neatv.
thanks!

theTman
07-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
how do i join neatv.
thanks!

www.neatv-mx.com will answer almost all your questions, be sure to check out the forums too!!

FreekShow
07-13-2006, 06:17 PM
haha wow i live about 15 minutes from this track and i never knew it existed...

JRP
07-13-2006, 08:16 PM
good video man, that track looks really fun

coolex
07-13-2006, 08:42 PM
lil far from me the closest to me is jolly rogers, and thats quite the drive

400exrider707
07-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by theTman

I cant afford to follow my own local circuit so one that travels out of state is kind of out of the question. The NEATV boys were up at this track not too long ago and I was quite surprised to see how they rode, to be honest I thought there would be some better riders. The other kid on the video raced against the NEATV guys and he finished 2nd overall, and he's usually one of our local last place finishers.:devil: Anyways the track is def worth a 4 hour drive especially to try it out. DEF an awesome track.

Nick110
07-13-2006, 10:21 PM
From watching the video I would not waste 4hrs and go there. All it is back and forth with some small jumps mixxed in. The only thing I saw that I liked was some of the banked turns. Other than that its looks like your average back yard kids track.

Just my Opinion:ermm:

400exrider707
07-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Go there and it will be waay different. There is three tracks, the SX, the MX, and a kids track. There are some jumps on the MX track that I've only seen dirt bikes do and some quads wont attempt it. This track easily takes more skill than any track I've seen in district 3. It might look small on the video, but the track is sick. It is also groomed very well, and watered often. They are also extremely courteous and very quad friendly. They also have quite the mini quad crowd, and they are just about the only track around that also holds a pit bike class. Go there and try it honestly, it rocks.

400exrider707
07-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
From watching the video I would not waste 4hrs and go there. All it is back and forth with some small jumps mixxed in. The only thing I saw that I liked was some of the banked turns. Other than that its looks like your average back yard kids track.

Just my Opinion:ermm:

Also most of the jumps on the SX track are 40foot doubles, and they are true supercross style, they throw you high and they have steep take offs and short steep landings. The finish line is about 70feet to the sweet spot. Doesn't look it in the vid but believe me it is.

MX MaNiAc 06
07-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Looks like a fun track.

I thought Mike Wood sounded familiar. I bought elka rec shocks off u about a year ago. They are still getting good use!

400exrider707
07-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Looks like a fun track.

I thought Mike Wood sounded familiar. I bought elka rec shocks off u about a year ago. They are still getting good use!

haha sweet. That track was the first place I ever put them to good use. I used them there once before I sold them to you!:ermm: