PDA

View Full Version : Decided on getting a 450r

WVdude
07-13-2006, 02:04 PM
So im gettin a 06 450r. someone cue me in on what to do to it first. Best mods to do for the best performance.....\

How do you all like your 450s? any complaints, problems I should be aware of?

How do they compare to a yfz in a straight line?

any helop or popinions are appreciated.

Brad Preece

trick250r
07-13-2006, 02:52 PM
nice to see some more WV guys on here... it depends on what kind of riding you're going to do with it bro. saftey equipment first (i.e. nerfs, ect...), then def. suspension :)

ive never raced a yfz in a straight line, but stock for stock i can beat them on a mx track, but that also comes down to rider. ive had nothing but good luck with my 06. i was worried at first because of all of the stories i've heard about them being junk. if you're not sure on which model to get, the e-start works just fine. all in all, my 06 runs like a champ and i wouldnt trade it for anything

trx400exxracer
07-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by trick250r
nice to see some more WV guys on here... it depends on what kind of riding you're going to do with it bro. saftey equipment first (i.e. nerfs, ect...), then def. suspension :)

ive never raced a yfz in a straight line, but stock for stock i can beat them on a mx track, but that also comes down to rider. ive had nothing but good luck with my 06. i was worried at first because of all of the stories i've heard about them being junk. if you're not sure on which model to get, the e-start works just fine. all in all, my 06 runs like a champ and i wouldnt trade it for anything

what he said nerfs, skid plates. handle bars, tires, and then get your suspension done by Santo DeRisi and a steering stabilizer

04blackyfz450
07-13-2006, 05:15 PM
umm if you dont wanna spend big moeny take spark arrestor out, air box lid off, rejet. but if you can get some protection. always get good oil and good oil filters.
sotck to stock in a straight line a yfz will beat a 450r. on a track or on trails its all about he rider really

have fun with it bro

450R_lover
07-13-2006, 05:25 PM
umm... I think that the 06 450r will be an 06 yfz in a straight line. Now when comparing the 04-05 450's the yfz is just slightly faster in a straight line... until top end. 450r is like 1-2 mph faster on top.

john.E.business
07-13-2006, 05:31 PM
throw in an hrc kit forsure....

WVdude
07-14-2006, 06:32 AM
thanks for all the replys guys...all the info is much appreciated.
I should be taking delivery of it today sometime.
its a black one..
i am definately gonna get the hrc kit for it. i do have one more ?
Is the hrc kit warranty friendly? i would assume it is .
thanks in advance

Brad Preece

d3ktrix
07-14-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by WVdude
thanks for all the replys guys...all the info is much appreciated.
I should be taking delivery of it today sometime.
its a black one..
i am definately gonna get the hrc kit for it. i do have one more ?
Is the hrc kit warranty friendly? i would assume it is .
thanks in advance

Brad Preece

Ya the HRC kit doesn't void your warranty as long as its installed by honda.

07-14-2006, 09:51 AM
go down 1 tooth on the front sprocket
and get your shocks revalved.