PDA

View Full Version : Re building an R

Hoogz85
07-13-2006, 02:03 PM
im really thinking about building a 250R with all the goodies!!!
first i was wondering about the motor??? i would like 2 have the power 2 keep up with the 4 bangers so i was looking at big bores. what is the best make ESR, CT, LRD, Sparks, or Duncan????i want fun MX type power with reliability so would a 310 non PV or a 265 or 310 PV be a better choise???i no the pv is more smooth but what is better for the $$$$$$i aslo wanted 2 ask about suspension, is anyone femilier with Janssen?? they have a kit with elkas and +3 a arms????r these kits any good????what would u do??

Eddiesanders250
07-13-2006, 04:13 PM
if i were you and had the money to spend i would get a pv350 from esr not ported. have the cylinder ported from someone else because esr is not that great for porting. Then i would use houser +2 or +3 a arms with axis custom long travel shocks. i would recomend the lrd adjustable big bore pipe also. when you do this iwould have someone go through your engine and replace anything that may cause trouble, unless you can do this by yourself. you will want to do this for reliability. you should also get an extended axle to match the front end. an aftermarket swing arm with a long travel shock would be nice but not necessary.
Well there is what i would want to do however i ride in the sand on the oregon coast and therefore my my set up may be different than what you want.