PDA

View Full Version : Rad loc nut question quick

FoxMxRiders
07-13-2006, 12:05 PM
I have purchased brand new rad double row carrier,radloc axle nut and a Lonestar 2+2 for my 400ex.

They say to torque the radloc at 5 to 10 foot lbs when you use a double row carrier.I thigthen it at hand and with a pipewrench I add 1/4 turn more.

Do you think that is enough?Because they say over tighting is not good for the carrier.

Need this quickly!!!

P.S.If you have a tips to put the master link with the o-ring on the chain,Im not able to place it to put the little clip.

Thanks

Chino886
07-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by FoxMxRiders
I have purchased brand new rad double row carrier,radloc axle nut and a Lonestar 2+2 for my 400ex.

They say to torque the radloc at 5 to 10 foot lbs when you use a double row carrier.I thigthen it at hand and with a pipewrench I add 1/4 turn more.

Do you think that is enough?Because they say over tighting is not good for the carrier.

Need this quickly!!!

P.S.If you have a tips to put the master link with the o-ring on the chain,Im not able to place it to put the little clip.

Thanks

I was say you probably torqued it more that 10 ft lbs, you will be surprised how little 8 ft lbs is.

As for the chain masterlink, get a c-clamp and press it together....:devil:

cals400ex
07-13-2006, 08:15 PM
yep, just torque it very light. the 2 allen wrench bolts will hold it in place. i was worried at first too but mine has not come loose yet.

NacsMXer
07-13-2006, 08:42 PM
I actually didn't even use a wrench on mine except for the allen pinch bolts. I just tightened the axle nut by hand and then wrapped a thick leather glove around it and then tightened it some more as hard as I could. As long as you don't have any side to side axle play in the swingarm you are good to go. I love this axle nut, it hasn't budged since the first time I installed it :D