PDA

View Full Version : Need Help 300EX starting problems.

08-18-2002, 05:58 PM
When I went to start my 300 today I hit the start buttion once and let go, but the starter kept cranking. I turned the key off but it kept going. So I had to disconect the battery to get it to stop. I ended up jigling some wires and reconnecting the battery, and the starter worked corectily. So after that the starter worked fine all day till the last ride. I tryed to start it and it just clicked this time. Every time I hit the start button click. So I proceeded to remove one of the battery cabled and jigle some wires, and it was back to normal starting fine. I have no clue what would cause this dose anybody have any idea? Thanks for any advice you can give.

:confused:

darrell43031
08-18-2002, 06:27 PM
i never thought i'd here a problem like this from a 300ex. but i guess anything could happen. it sounds to me like a couple things. first thing i would check would be the connection to my starter. if thats not it check your connection from you batter to your cylenoid (little round black piece left of the battery.) incase you didn't know. if its not that just go through all your wire connections. it has to be a short of some kind. does your starter make a grinding sounds if it does it might mean you need new brush's. thats the best i can come up with sorry if this dosn't help

MichaelS693
08-18-2002, 07:38 PM
clean the wires connectin to the cylinoid and every wire that connects to it