PDA

View Full Version : What company makes the best chest protectors,jersey,boots and riding pants????

400exBro
10-10-2001, 05:55 PM
what company makes the best chest protectors and riding equipment :
i was looking at
Boots:Alpine star
Chest protector:Thor
Jersey:thor
pants:Thor
any other suggestion are open but if these are the best than i'll probably be buying them this weekend
thanks
400exBro

TRX_Thumper
10-10-2001, 07:18 PM
I will have to say get FOX everything except for boots. For boots get AXO thats what I got and I like them.

trx400ex
10-10-2001, 07:45 PM
thor

Tommy 17
10-10-2001, 08:19 PM
i have had fox gear all my life i like it the best. buy anything its good but i rec fox or thor. don't buy fox boots what ever u do u will be sry like i am they are junk. for the best buy alpinestars tech 6 or 8.

Jersey- buy a vented on ur much cooler.

pants- any set will do.

Boots- make sure they have replacable straps not like fox where now i am missing 3 and can't fix them.

chestprotector- don't buy one thats bulky and u cant move freely in.

kidney belt- is not a must but i have a fox black bet it keeps my posture up right and i don't get lazy.

gloves- buy the best ones of the brand they last alot longer.

Knee guards- are not a must but i like havin them there it don't even bother me.

Helmet- don't buy sometin wit a open face or bolted on face its will bust off and kiss ur pretty face good bye. buy ur helmet dot and snell approved. keep ur helmet light and don't buy it a size big thinking u will grow into it it will snapp ur neck quicker then u think if ur helmets loose. i like a light helmet thats y i have a 99 fox pilot black its lasted well and saved me many of times. it 299 and i say well worth the money i spent on it.

hope this helps u out some

Warrioreater400ex
10-10-2001, 09:47 PM
i would go with thor, i have thor phase 2.0 pants, shirt, gloves, and the T-20 boots, scott goggles, and a lazer helmet... anyways, the thor pants are comfortable!! and so are the boots. now thor has this new phase 3.0, i have tried on the gloves and they are the most comfy gloves i have ever tried on..... but my 2.0 gloves are great too. i am fixing to get a thor aftershock, minishock, or scattershield chest protector, all of them are vented, but i dont know which im gonna get..... hmmmm but i am definitely a thor guy....

10-10-2001, 11:28 PM
i would go with no fear...very comfortable gear or thor

trx400ex
10-11-2001, 10:04 AM
i would go with the clear afterskock. i have one, and it looks cool, but you cant tellits on in this pic easily

10-11-2001, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by trx400ex
i would go with the clear afterskock. i have one, and it looks cool, but you cant tellits on in this pic easily

Why bother wearing a chest protector with a T-shirt & shorts???

AMJ

trx400ex
10-11-2001, 01:00 PM
cause it was hot out that day and i was racing a 250r and had to add something to protect me from the roost....and yes that same day i got 13 marks in my leg from coolin fins, still have them 4 months later....plus i dont like beating my chest over the bars if i screw up

10-11-2001, 01:05 PM
The pic below pretty much shows what I use everytime I ride,,,:D

400exBro
10-11-2001, 02:30 PM
i alreday got a helmet goggles and gloves(cxk,smith,thor) and i think i might go with honda fox racing gear or thor phase 3 0r 4 and looking at alpinestar tech 8 boots and thor after shock chest protector
what colours should i get as of jersey and pants ???
thanks
lata
400exBro

Tommy 17
10-11-2001, 02:36 PM
My pants, jersey and googles are blue, my helmets black, my chestprotector and gloves are red, kidney belt is black wit white fox head. i like the look of blue gear on a 400ex wit some red to blend it in it looks nice.

10-11-2001, 02:48 PM
Well I can tell you guys this,,,bobs cycle and supply always has stuff for cheap,,in the close-out section,,,just got some $36 THOR gloves for 20 bucks,,,and got a complete AXO outfit for $70 ,,can't beat the deals there...here's a link.....lata. .http://www.bobscycle.com/cat/specials.html

400exBro
10-11-2001, 03:37 PM
thanks rico and everyone who has answered i just called my local dealer and ask about boots and he said that the m-4 boots made by alpinestar are good, know are they good or are they a rip off and i should go with the tech6 or 8??
thanks guys
lata
400exBro
P.S i am getting a thor jersey and pants!!!
would these colours match the yellow 400 i got

400exBro
10-11-2001, 03:40 PM
and these pants or should i go with the red black combo??

Tommy 17
10-11-2001, 03:56 PM
Dude those color will match a yellow 400ex perfect the only thing i don't like is the white u will see mud stains it it easy but that nice gear. m4s are a pretty good boot the tech 6 and 8 are a better boot tough i think.

400exBro
10-11-2001, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by 400ex21
Dude those color will match a yellow 400ex perfect the only thing i don't like is the white u will see mud stains it it easy but that nice gear. m4s are a pretty good boot the tech 6 and 8 are a better boot tough i think.

I bet that they are made that the stains can come out and mabye they dont stain!!!
Also the alpinestar Vector boats look awsome i like the blue and yellow ones SWEEET!!
lata

Tommy 17
10-11-2001, 04:09 PM
well those boots don't look to good wit that top strap that way it is it looks like it would break apart in a hard crash. the stains don't come out of white my friend has thor gear and its stained.

10-12-2001, 06:47 AM
Yeah some stains won't come out,,,,believe me I've tried getting them out of my thor jersey and it ain't happenin,,,just jump over the mud...LOL

10-12-2001, 03:06 PM
how much are those vector boots

400exBro
10-12-2001, 04:06 PM
I know that the Vector boots here in Canada are $400 i don't how much americain $ they are around 150-200 i think i would ask your local dealer.......

Most of the track i ride on are not muddy because they are sand and i ride in the arfter noons where the track gets dried up, but qother words when i go mudding i just wear a cover all(over alls what ever) i dont like to wear my riding cloths
lata
400exBro

kabd69667
10-12-2001, 08:29 PM
This one new company out west, g-sport, is great. They may be a little high on the prices but it's deffinetly worth the money. Their gloves have lasted longer than any kind i've ever had.

10-15-2001, 09:23 AM
Bro, before you overpay for your gear make sure to shop around, and make use of the internet. I've always found that local shops always overcharge (they get their cut) Anyway check out Motoworld.com they carry several high quality brands, and have great combo deals!

400exBro
10-15-2001, 04:23 PM
i have been shopping around here in Canada i have looked down in the states and by the time you pay for everything you look at the same price!!
My local dealer has the best prices around and alos has awsome deals, sometimes we get up to 15% discount on iteams such as the WB pipe and K&N power kit i bought from them they have excellent service
Where else are there to shop around in USA where there are low cheap prices for some good stuff
thanks
400exBro