PDA

View Full Version : problem w/ new Hipers

sunco
07-13-2006, 04:14 AM
Bought 4 . One front wheel went on find w/ 10ft lbs . The other 3 the brass threads sucked out of the wheel. One of my rings , the pan sucked threw. What is going on? Anyone had these issues? Someone said tighten them till there snug? Why am I having problems? It took me a long time to decide/get $ to buy them now I'm feeling like their crap. I'm concerned that when I finally get them working that the 2nd set of tires will give me them same problem. Not to mention that I bought new stuff & i'm jones'n to get the stuff on my quad so I can use it.

ZSK
07-13-2006, 04:54 AM
Call Angie at Hiper and explain what's happening, she'll take care of you.

gbcap
07-13-2006, 06:02 AM
i agree. i have never had a problem, you prolly just got a fluke defect if thre is such a thing. they will take care of you just give them a call.

sunco
07-13-2006, 06:33 AM
Are you guys doing 10 ft lbs on all bolts?

ZSK
07-13-2006, 07:54 AM
Usually about 7-8 will do it. Once you mount a few sets of tires it might take a bit more, I always went until they sealed the tire off.

Call Hiper and they'll make it right.;)

07-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by sunco
Are you guys doing 10 ft lbs on all bolts?

i do 10-12, or until i cant see the tire anymore and there is no gap

call up hiper and they will send you new stuff, sorry about the problem

sunco
07-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Thanx men. I think I'll get the wrench w/ inches & cover it, cause mine starts @ 10 lbs. I'm gonna call her on friday.

wanta450
07-14-2006, 06:43 PM
get a 1/4 inch impact air gun they are the best thing in the world for hipers they are so fast and will not strip them out my friend has an IR one and we just go in star pattern back and forth little at a time then hammer till they stop turning or all but stop

sunco
07-15-2006, 05:18 AM
Spoke w/ Angie about my wheel issues. The place I bought them from (Highlands) & Hiper - They came thru - all my parts were on the porch (ups) friday when I got home from work. 10-12 is recomended not required. Just make them tight enough so air doesn't leak out . I'm puttin mine @ 8ft lbs 1st. Angie said they haven't had this problem. Well good luck to me. I'll post pix when I finally have them mounted. Thanx everyone.

07-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by sunco
Spoke w/ Angie about my wheel issues. The place I bought them from (Highlands) & Hiper - They came thru - all my parts were on the porch (ups) friday when I got home from work. 10-12 is recomended not required. Just make them tight enough so air doesn't leak out . I'm puttin mine @ 8ft lbs 1st. Angie said they haven't had this problem. Well good luck to me. I'll post pix when I finally have them mounted. Thanx everyone.

ya highlands tire, we met with matt a couple weeks back, great guy

i wouldnt put them at 8, i would put them at 12, i usually just get mine to where you have little to no gap, if you put them down too tight with an impact or something it will cause the injected metal threads to be pulled out of the wheel, and you will lose air

wanta450
07-15-2006, 07:11 PM
yeah i know matt and his family at highlands tire great people there shop is only like a 1/2 mile from my house