PDA

View Full Version : Rhino's

firefighterjosh
07-13-2006, 01:23 AM
Who all here has a Yamaha Rhino? How do you like it? Also what are the new ones going to be like?

I am thinking of buying one. Just for a change.

400eXr1d3rZ
07-13-2006, 01:36 AM
I dont own one myself, but i've driven one, lets just say they DON'T get stuck :p.

firefighterjosh
07-13-2006, 01:40 AM
I drove a 660 and had a blast. I read you can get a CDI box from scarey fast, pipe and do some clutch work and get them to 55mph

brapbrap13
07-13-2006, 08:54 AM
how are they in the snow? my dad told me to pick something up for plowing:D

NorCalRacer
07-13-2006, 09:03 AM
They are OK, but Artic Cat just came out with one I think will be a lot better:D 50 mph stock:macho

400exstud
07-13-2006, 11:12 AM
I've driven a Mule, Ranger, and a Rhino and I felt out of control on all of them. I just don't dig the steering wheel and there is not enough suspension.

They are good farm vehicles (which was why I was driving them).

underpowered
07-13-2006, 12:01 PM
dont own own, but a buddy does. absolutely awesome. they will go places you wont believe. they go much better than a 4x4 quad does, and are much more useful. i would love to have one.

TRX_450
07-13-2006, 12:18 PM
ive rode and driven one andi gotta say their awesome but i think the arctic cat will be better because they have a real mudding/rough terrain background

Rico400
07-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Rhino's are kickass. My buddy has one that is rhinolined plastics and he takes it everywhere. Brush, mud, water it dont matter. He goes home and sprays it of and it looks brand new cuz rhinolined plastics dont get scratched at all. He jumps this thing and everything. I would love to get one, but just dont got the cash for one.

6.0Powerstroke
07-13-2006, 01:02 PM
i have also heard of a supercharger that goes on the rhino, havent read any review about it, but it sure looks cool!

derekhonda
07-13-2006, 01:07 PM
If you are looking for a change, you should check these out. I have 2, and one or both of them are for sale. I live near indy if you'd like to come out and play some time.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2368536#post2368536

Iliketogofast
07-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Holy crap Rhinos are sweet.

A close friend of mine has one and they are so fun to climb hills in! It's like a truck and an ATV climbing hills, combined! Awesome! Plus that bed comes in handy. Someone we know decided to take his CRF50 down to the mudbog area and hydrolocked it ("hydro" is probably the least of what it was locked with... more like "mudlocked")... We couldn't push it back, so we threw it in the Rhino bed and strapped it with the tow strap! Nifty!

ohsobad_chevy
07-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Hell yeah, Rhinos are the shizzle. I would love to have one from rhinocraft, I would jump the hell out of it!!
http://www.rhinocraft.com/

:cool: :cool:

XtremeChick
07-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Can I get one in Pink??:rolleyes:

07-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by XtremeChick

I'm pretty sure you can get your Rhino customed...But it'll be expensive. My brother was looking at one, customized it himself and alot of extra stuff (windshield) and it was around 10k.

ohsobad_chevy
07-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by XtremeChick

You sure can, Give em a call. :p

Premis
07-13-2006, 02:16 PM
I love mine. Does around 55-60 (chipped) and DOESN'T GET STUCK Plus they jump well. We hit a 40 foot table top in it

ohsobad_chevy
07-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Premis
I love mine. Does around 55-60 (chipped) and DOESN'T GET STUCK Plus they jump well. We hit a 40 foot table top in it

HELL YEAH!!!! Take Jill for a ride?? :devil: :devil:

firefighterjosh
07-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Do they nose dive bad when you jump them?

07-16-2006, 10:33 PM
polaris rangers go 55mph stock

Hondadudeehhhh
07-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
polaris rangers go 55mph stock
woopty do. How many people buy rhinos to go 55mph? a rhino would smoke a ranger on the trails. It handles turns really well and will climb over anything. I love everything about it, im glad my old man finally decided to get one. We use it for plowing snow, riding around the trails, doing house chores, and everything else. I dont think any other side by side compares to it. Im interested to see how the artic cat turns out.
As far as mods, the only thing i would change is putting that cdi box in and some beefier tires.

07-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
woopty do. How many people buy rhinos to go 55mph? a rhino would smoke a ranger on the trails. It handles turns really well and will climb over anything. I love everything about it, im glad my old man finally decided to get one. We use it for plowing snow, riding around the trails, doing house chores, and everything else. I dont think any other side by side compares to it. Im interested to see how the artic cat turns out.
As far as mods, the only thing i would change is putting that cdi box in and some beefier tires.

OMG did i say anything about a race or that i dont like rhinos? no

NorCalRacer
07-16-2006, 10:57 PM
I'm pretty sure the rangers only do 35 stock. Haven't heard of anyone ever actually buying one though...:blah:

Hondadudeehhhh
07-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
OMG did i say anything about a race or that i dont like rhinos? no
no you just made an irrelevant comment to this thread, he didnt ask about rangers, did he? You brought rangers into the thread so i made a comparison. I didnt say you didnt like rhinos, ill try not to hurt your feelings from now on

Ralph
07-16-2006, 11:24 PM
http://www.rhinorollovers.com/

Kid i know shattered his leg in one. They are fun just be carefull.

firefighterjosh
07-16-2006, 11:33 PM
I was looking around at stuff for them. they make sides for them so your limbs don't fall out. After I get my truck paid of in the next year I will see what Yami has out for a rihno. Hopefully more of a sporty side by side. I also hope AMA starts having UTV racing. If they do I would think about selling one of my quads for one. I have a demo derby car and I love the feeling of sitting behind the wheel offroad and not caring.

07-16-2006, 11:52 PM
they also have 6in lift kits on ebay :macho

firefighterjosh
07-17-2006, 02:35 AM
If I bought a 660 Rhino I would

Scary Fast CDI
Exhaulst
Elkas
5 Point Harness
Sides

Might get a Supercharger if there any good.

Can't wait to see the new ones.

ELewandowski
07-17-2006, 04:19 AM
this is funny, cause last lnight i just read the rhino article in the last Dirtwheels while dropping the kids off at the pool. They sound like fun, but it sounds like the Artic Cat will be better. I am sure I will find out more about it this week, maybe today. Just got a second job(part-Time) as a Artic-Cat salesman. I get a bunch of product dvd's and other artic-cat stuff today to review and study.

brapbrap13
07-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh

wat mod's did u do to it to get it to plow good? can u show some pictures. we need a new plow machine and were looking at them. im just not sure how good they are of it.

KWAD GAWD
07-17-2006, 01:37 PM
I hit a small triple while riding shotgun with Luburgh in the Rhinocraft "Big Red" Rhino on the side track at Glen Helen, it nosedived a little... but with the long travel the landing was nice and smooth.
It didn't seem too fast though.

KWAD GAWD
07-17-2006, 01:40 PM
This one:

Scro
07-17-2006, 01:48 PM
I noticed that the one in Huevos 8 seemed to nose dive as well. I guess it's like trying to get an ostrich to fly:huh

RonJ
07-17-2006, 04:14 PM
I just purchased an 06 Polaris Ranger XP last month. Riding around on the street, it goes about 50 mph. It has EFI too, which is a nice feature. The reason I chose the Ranger over the Rhino was because of the seating area. It has a bench style seat, which can seat 3, and it is also wider, which will make turning better for us. Elka now makes suspension for them, so some time down the road I can go that route. EFI is just awesome too, which was another deciding factor when I made my purchase. All in all, I think the two are pretty comprable, but once they start making more mods for the XP, I'm sure it will be able to do everything if not more then the rhino. 700cc twin too, btw. Midnight Red plastics as well.

-Ron

clutt225
07-17-2006, 04:42 PM
this thread needs more pics

CannondaleRider
07-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Heres a Team Money$hot teammate of mine, Jeff Stambough, in his Rhino. With my brother-in-law/teammate Justin Thompson as a passenger....WORCS Round 5, Payette, Idaho.

http://i1.tinypic.com/209hsnp.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/209hthu.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/209hvdu.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/209hvuo.jpg

ohsobad_chevy
07-18-2006, 07:37 AM
Someone wanna partial trade their rhino for a quad....LOL...Just kidding. Rihnos look fun, but not as fun as a quad, one day I will have both!! :D