PDA

View Full Version : Heel guards?

AR15 guy
07-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I just installed my Tusk Nerf bars. They fit pretty well. Just has to drill an extra hole in my peg to mount them.

Only problem I ran into was one of the small bolts that screws into the support bar broke off. But it came right out. I just need a new bolt.

However it recommends you remove your heel guards. They could be modified pretty easily to work I think. But after looking at it do I even need them?

94F450SD
07-12-2006, 08:01 PM
if your carefull to keep your feet on the pegs you dont need them.but without them i noticed i got alot more sand,dirt and water in my shoes while rideing.plus i was nervous about slipping off the peg and getting my foot caught in the tire.i ended up going out and spending another 200.00 on a set of moose raceing nerfs with huge pegs and heel gaurds.

buster024
07-12-2006, 08:06 PM
If you're question is whether or not to keep your heal guards, I can't imagine to many people on this site telling you to get rid of them. I've only been riding sport quads for about 2 years now, but I can honestly say i'd have driven over, and at best broken my ankle, 10 time had it not been for my heel guards.
I'm currently waiting for Blingstar to make heel guards for the 400, so I can pick up their nerf bars. They are supposedly going to have them in 3-4 weeks, but I don't want to order their nerf bars without them.

just my two bits...:)

AR15 guy
07-12-2006, 08:28 PM
I may go ahead and mod the stockers.

I got my foot caught in my wheel last week even with them on there.

I always wear MX boots so I didn't feel it. But I guess its still possible to get hurt without them.

I just purchased the Tusk bars so I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon.

miller821
07-12-2006, 08:39 PM
I took mine off practically as soon as I got it, and I haven't had any problems yet.

quadman 05400ex
07-12-2006, 08:54 PM
all i did was heat up the heel guards and slipt them in to place it fits nice and dont have to worry about sliping

brapbrap13
07-12-2006, 09:15 PM
i was doing a random wheelie while dirving to my pit at about 35mph. just showing off. and both my feet slipped and feel under the tires. my 416 12'oclkocked and draged about 200ft wearing the whole NO REMOVABLE bar down to nothing. VERY painful. im saving up for new nerfs now. that was my worst experience ever. i am always gunna keep heel guards on.