PDA

View Full Version : Sons first race

dirtdad
07-12-2006, 06:04 PM
I think I have everything together, but i need some last minute advice please. My sons first race is this weekend, other than him, the quad, and gear. Does anybody have any recomendations on what we should bring to this race Sunday that we might need? Any advice would be appreciated. Or even advice on what to expect at this race. This is a first for both of us. Thanks.

xx3003xrdrxx
07-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Socket set. Duct tape . Wd40 . ZIP ties . oils that you might need. Extra sets of goggles and gloves. These things have allowed myself and friends to race at the last second when things go wrong. O and if your sons quad is a 2 stroke Spark plugs . ;) Good luck and have fun . Ive been working so much this summer I havent got out to race in almost a month :(

Livin4Real
07-12-2006, 10:02 PM
A copy of his birth certificate is always a good thing. Make sure your chain is adjusted and lubed, air filter clean and oiled, tire pressure good on all 4 (we run 8lbs. all around) all fluids filled up, enough gas for the duration. Killswitch installed and working, number plates front and back, fresh spark plug and spare. That's the basic things, good luck!

QuadJunkies
07-13-2006, 12:34 AM
you cant take enough tools(impact wrench is a MUST for us!)

I think everyone else covered most of it ,let us know how it went and GOOD LUCK!:macho

firefighterjosh
07-13-2006, 01:03 AM
I always take plenty of water.

mxdad423
07-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Hey what ever you do don't forget the quad, lol just kidding looks like everyody covered everything just wanted to say good luck, and don't worry that funny feeling you will have in your stomach when the gate drops is perfectly normal....:) :) :)

dirtdad
07-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Man, Im glad you said it. I have butterfly's already I cant imagine how he feels. Thanks everyone for the advice and info. I keep going back and forth as to if this was a good idea, but hes excited so it must be good. I have this feeling of wanting to put that throttle screw almost all the way in so that he will go slower. But at the same time I want him to learn and experience it all. Oh and by the way OUCH my wallet hurts. I hope that once the start up gear is purchased it gets easier on the money side of things. Ill let everyone know how he does. he really wants to earn his first trophy.

Livin4Real
07-13-2006, 08:54 PM
I hope that once the start up gear is purchased it gets easier on the money side of things.

Haha, I hate to be the barer of bad news but, it don't :D

Livin4Real
07-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah, don't forget the camera ;) Nowadays though I get too busy watching Brandon and forget to take pics, then get yelled at by the wife when I get home, lol.

mxdad423
07-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Yea I don't mean to pop your bubble but it really gets harder on the wallett as you go the better he gets the more money you spend, we are in our second season at the end of last year I said thank God I got the quad all finished finally, well then this season started he got way faster and jumping way higher so here we went again, dual a-arms, new Elka suspension more motor mods and on and on and on.Oh well the way I look at it is he's having fun and learning alot that is all that counts they make more money everyday I just wish I could get my hands on some of it.Well good luck pull that throttle screw all the way out and let him go you will be amazed what you will see.....

dirtdad
07-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Well he had is first race today, and I think we were well prepared for it. Need to get one of those darn pop up canopy tents though. It got a little hot out. But he did well firrst place, but he was the only one signed up for the youth atv class. I was some what disappointed cause I really wanted to measure his ability. But on the bright side, he got first place and his first trophy. He doesnt seem to care that no one else showed for his class, and at least this was a big confidence booster. I saw the 50cc durt bikes race before him, and man some of those kids were good, one of them was almost clearing doubles. So thanks for all the advice this week, and we look forward to the next race in 2 weeks, if nothing else he has a 30 point lead in the series.

newnick
07-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Those canopies are nice in the middle of the day. Best bet is to park on the east side of someone with a big tall trailer to beat the afternoon sun.

QuadJunkies
07-16-2006, 11:21 PM
My Daughters very 1st race was her Flattrack racing all by her lonesome...;) That has now changed.

As long as he had a great time, thats all the REALLY matters!: