PDA

View Full Version : Gonna mod the shee, got some questions

mickey400ex
07-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Here in a few days im gonna buy some parts for the banshee. Im either gonna get t'6s or fmfs, clamp on filters, jet kit, and maybe a +1 front sprocket. Will these mods show a noticable difference in power? How much hp would i be looking at ? and how would i fair in a drag race to the 450s, rappys, ds 650's, etc. because im losing right now to them:mad:

fast raptor
07-12-2006, 04:45 PM
there will be a big difference, you will esaly smoke piped 450, 700 or ds560's, you will notice alot bigger gain if you port it though

bansheexcracer2
07-12-2006, 05:00 PM
you will notice a big diference and beat 450s. get the t-6's, if you dont ride in water get a k&n, and the sproket will begood.

'02 Banshee
07-13-2006, 09:59 AM
You will notice a differnece with them....are you planning on doing more in the future such as a little porting.....reeds....timing..etc....i would go with shear or cpi inframe pipes.....and if you were not going to do more get pro circuit pipes in test they gain the most hp on a stock motor.....what kind of filter r u going to get....lose the airbox for one.....i have i kit that i dont use andmore that will relace the airbox pods to go right to your carburators....and then a aluminum bracket to hold the coolant bottle.....pm me and let me know i could hook u up with that...

Thanks
Daniel

robjohn74
07-13-2006, 08:19 PM
i have these mods
fmf-gold ser with q-silencer
+2 axle
k&n
clutch kit
34mm pj,s
carbon-tech hi rpm reeds pedals in stock ported cages

and i can beat all piped 450s ,rappys,ds650
if you have stock carbs get bigger ones

race-a-holic
07-14-2006, 09:36 PM
I tried the T-6's and later tried the T-5's.I preferred the T-5's.Junk the airbox.I really like the clamp-on K&N's.I don't ride in much water though.Don't bother with a boost bottle.With the filters and pipes,make sure to rejet the carbs.If you buy the Toomeys,buy their needles too.I think Toomey suggests like a 270 or 280 main jet.I've always been able to jet it richer.

Dinner
09-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Get T5's if you plan on doing more mods, porting, timing, higher hp, etc. Going up a tooth on the front will give you more top speed, but is harder to pull. You will notice a good amount of increase in power if you are going from stock.

firefighterjosh
09-27-2006, 10:48 PM
T-6s are a little more tourqer then the T5s. If you plan on riding in anything else but the dunes do not ditch your airbox..keep it and get a Pro Design airbox adapter kit.

The T5 and T6 are designed for a Mild engine. (Rebuilt, no porting or head work done)

If you plan on getting some port work or head work done in the future I would go with CPIs. You will get a better bang for your buck

Supercup
09-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Whatever you do, even for the dunes, do not ditch your airbox. Take the lid off and get a pro filter adapter kit with K&N filter. You will have all the air you need for a very modded motor.

I ran t-5's with ported heads and stock carbs and made around 60hp. Now I have Duncan National motor and have run it with T-5's and Duncan's Paul Turner mid pipes. The T-5's make just under 71 hp and the PT mids 66 hp, but a lot more torque down low, so it is a lot more ridable, but not quite as stout up top.

Regardless, T-5's or CPI's offer you better future performance potential with added upgrades. T-6's and FMF make good power and a bit more low and mid range power, but are not what you want for the next level. The Duncan PT midrange pipes are pretty nice for all around riding, I don't think you will find anyting better for all around.

Sprocket wise with pipes and porting you can pull stock gearing no problem and go close to 90 mph. Go up one in the front and you will drop a few mph and pick up some ride ability.

Good luck with the project.

JCM

troutman561
09-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Would'nt going up one in the front increase not decrease top speed mph? Unless its different for 2 stokes than 4 strokes let me know...

Supercup
09-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Troutman,

You are right - speed would go up. Bigger rear or smaller front to gear down. My mistake.

Same for two or four stroke.

JCM

09-29-2006, 09:51 AM
and 1 thing that i didnt se anyone mentioned is the traction factor, if you are on stock tires, you might as well lock up the front brakes, lean up on the gas tank and go thru 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th on those stock tires...:D no really though, get a good set of tires, i even heard raptor's stock tires work good on banshees, or get some holeshots....ive been running holeshot for years and years and i wouldnt prefer any other tire, they get way better traction then stock...

BTW my vote goes to CPI pipes....i have T5s and i would trade for a good set of CPI's....hint hint....just because i got my cylenders ported and CPIs wpould give me a couple more hp over the T5s for my set up