PDA

View Full Version : Sparks x6 or LRD

02Yellow400
07-12-2006, 02:23 PM
I am torn between the two pipes.. Anyone have any input on which i should choose? I have heard nothing but good things about the sparks but i have yet to hear anything about the newer LRD pipes

armysig
07-12-2006, 02:41 PM
I picked up the LRD pipe last month.

The good:

Less exspensive than some full systems.

It performs well. I like the responce from it. It does open up the engine a lot.

Light weight, easy instructions for install.

The bad:

I picked up the ceramic coated version. After 1 ride it bubbled off and now most of it has flacked off or is getting ready to.

Fitting the header to the engine was a pain. It didn't slip in like I thought it should. I had to stand my quad on end to be able to force the header into the engine.

No jetting included, granted I have a Dynojet kit, but it took some time to figure out the correct combonation for it to work proper.

Ceramic coated version is no longer made by LRD. I called for advice on what to do with the pipe and I was given good customer support, but I had to go through the company I purchased the pipe from for any results on the ceramic problem. LRD coudln't work with me direct.

Header is not stainless steel on the ceramic version. It will rust if it is not recoated.

Save your money. Go with Sparks or if you are looking at cost go with the Yosh pipe on Rockymountian atv. It's the same price with free shipping.

400eXr1d3rZ
07-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Curtis sparks...

PismoLocal
07-12-2006, 03:07 PM
I had a sparks X6 for a while and personally I thought it was a little too loud. Don't get me wrong it sounds sweet and I like loud pipes but it doesnt meet my states decible requirements for public land use. If you mostly ride track and on private property then you might want to go with the sparks but if you ride on public land trails, dunes, dessert you should get the LRD. The LRD is also $100+ cheaper than the sparks. If I was you I would get the LRD and take the money you saved and buy more parts.

PismoLocal
07-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Pappy does a great job ceramic coating too, so if you get the LRD and the coating does come off you can have Pappy blast it down and ceramic coat your LRD check out my White brothers pro-meg he did.

Befor-

PismoLocal
07-12-2006, 03:10 PM
After-

02Yellow400
07-12-2006, 03:13 PM
the 100 bucks is not really my concern. Lol there is not many parts i have left to buy. Except the pipe. I just have a slip on now so i need more. I usually ride on private land or on tracks. Anyone know who has the best prices on the sparks pipes?

brapbrap13
07-12-2006, 03:25 PM
i love my lrd. my coating is fine:confused: . no rust or anything. night and day difference on the bike.

tar
07-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Get the Sparks. I love mine it sounds great looks awsome and performs just as well. It is well worth the extra $$.