PDA

View Full Version : not your average paddle question

AdamEX
07-12-2006, 01:15 PM
i was out in glamis in april andi kept seeing people with their paddles on backwards. at first i thought some idiot just didn't notice but then when i saw a few more quads like that it made me wonder. does anyone know why they flip the paddles?

F-16Guy
07-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Scoops pointed the wrong way? Probably for lower HP machines that can't pull the paddle the other way around. Just a guess.

400eXr1d3rZ
07-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Since were talking about backwards tires, if my tire was backwards could I just flip my rim around?

Scro
07-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by AdamEX
i was out in glamis in april andi kept seeing people with their paddles on backwards. at first i thought some idiot just didn't notice but then when i saw a few more quads like that it made me wonder. does anyone know why they flip the paddles?

Are you sure yours weren't on backward;) :p

250r4life
07-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
Are you sure yours weren't on backward;) :p

im wondering this as well, as you were saying you couldnt pull the hill in 3rd

Sjorge450R
07-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
Since were talking about backwards tires, if my tire was backwards could I just flip my rim around?

if you have an even offset wheel. But that is highly unlikly.

AdamEX
07-12-2006, 07:02 PM
LOL ahh come one guys... you gotta give me more credit than that. i am posative that my paddles were on right. its not hard to notice that the scoop is pointing toward the rear. and they weren't smaller quads i even saw a banshee like that. i am pretty sure that my twist throttle is the reason i couln't get it up in third. i am taking it off.

Aceman
07-12-2006, 07:29 PM
UUuhhh, if everyone elses paddles were mounted different compared to your's including a Banshee, I'm think you might've put your's on wrong:o :p Here's a clue, did everyone look puzzled when they looked at you as you rode by?:blah:

AdamEX
07-12-2006, 07:38 PM
wow you know what... i think i know when a paddle is on backwards. at first it was funny but you guys are juicing it too much. i was trying to be serious but you girls wanna play around.

Aceman
07-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Relax, I was just joking around. I can't understand why some people are so serious that they can't even lighten up. Next time you start a thread I'll remember you're a sensitive person and that I should keep the joking around to a minimum.

250r4life
07-12-2006, 07:55 PM
adam... chill out buddy... we're all just joking around... i was dying reading some of these posts... i dont know about you, but its hard for me to get upset whenever i am doing anything that has to do with quading... it is my passion, so i love talking about them, working on thm, and most important;y riding them... theyre fun, and i try and make everything having to do with it fun...

its all good dude- we're just yanking your chain :D

250r4life
07-12-2006, 07:56 PM
ps... i dont think ive ever seen anybody down at the dunes riding wiht paddls on backwards, and i cant think of a logical explanation...

AdamEX
07-12-2006, 09:09 PM
thats what i'm trying to say and the only reason i get on this forum was becasue i respected everyones opinion but i'm trying to seriously say that there were people out there with paddles on bakwards and it really seemed like they purposely did it and everyone trying to make me feel stupid. you guys all sound smart i'm on here to gain and share knowledge the last thing i want is to be like one of those jerks that tried to threaten the whole forum to think he's tuff cuz he can't do it in person... i apologize guys.

250r4life
07-12-2006, 11:13 PM
thats what i'm trying to say and the only reason i get on this forum was becasue i respected everyones opinion but i'm trying to seriously say that there were people out there with paddles on bakwards and it really seemed like they purposely did it and everyone trying to make me feel stupid. you guys all sound smart i'm on here to gain and share knowledge the last thing i want is to be like one of those jerks that tried to threaten the whole forum to think he's tuff cuz he can't do it in person... i apologize guys.

nah man no worries... thats one thing i love about this sport, is a majority of the people are just cool... everybody is usually cool about helping out, whether it is here on if somebody is broken down out on a trail or at the dunes or whatever...

like i said i dont know why people would run paddles backwards... at glamis, there are a lot of people with more money then brains...

R3Concepts
07-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Its for when you go on big group rides, you dont blast the person behind you with sand.

I know many people that do this.

250r4life
07-13-2006, 12:15 AM
huh... ive never seen anybody do that...

of course, we dont run haulers for that very reason...
and any time somebody who uses haulers comes and rides with us, we make them ride at the very back...

i remember you using haulers...

86 Quad R
07-13-2006, 07:55 AM
here locally the only time i see guys run paddles backards is when we ride the creeks. the reason for it is to go easy on the weaker machines and to keep from digging down too much in the deeper crossings. as mentioned, its also a good idea to run them backards on the creeks that have lotsa gravel and even then its best to either keep a distance or make a point to cross side by side. :D

JOEX
07-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Regular paddle direction....

AdamEX
07-14-2006, 12:32 AM
damn that makes alot of sense. what does it do the performance of the paddle i see the difference in the creek but what about the sand? thanks for the explanation. i was asking everywhere and no one knew.

bwamos
07-14-2006, 09:04 AM
As R3Concepts said, they do it with haulers/etc to get rid of the massive roost on group rides. Less traction, but also less roost. Still enough traction for cruising.

I've seen many many people with their fronts on backwards though. ;) The quad doesn't turn so well when the fronts are on backwards.. lol.

AdamEX
07-14-2006, 10:32 AM
alright guys i know we're all tired of this question but once and for all. do i go for sand stars or sand devlis? i never rode straight paddles before i have only ridden stars sharks and geckos. besides the geckos ( suck) i didn't feel a big difference. i don't mind the sliding on the dunes too much because i understand you can just gas your way through it. thanks for your patience

AdamEX
07-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Holy ****!!! i had no idea i could get haulers for under 200 from rocky mountain... thats a deal. i might just go that way...

400exrider707
07-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by R3Concepts
Its for when you go on big group rides, you dont blast the person behind you with sand.

I know many people that do this.

what fun is that? I love roosting my buddies!:devil:

R3Concepts
07-16-2006, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

So do we. Think about 8-10 Pro and A riders on a dune ride.:D Someone always goes down.

86 Quad R
07-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

lmao ya dont wanna get roosted on the sand bars. em dayum rocks(regarless of size) are like buck shot from a 12 ga. :eek2:

250r4life
07-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
lmao ya dont wanna get roosted on the sand bars. em dayum rocks(regarless of size) are like buck shot from a 12 ga. :eek2:

:)

or in the valleys at the dunes...

Dune Surfer
07-17-2006, 09:25 PM
alright guys i know we're all tired of this question but once and for all. do i go for sand stars or sand devlis? i never rode straight paddles before i have only ridden stars sharks and geckos. besides the geckos ( suck) i didn't feel a big difference. i don't mind the sliding on the dunes too much because i understand you can just gas your way through it. thanks for your patience
Bail on the sand stars, Some people love them, I can't stand them. I ride nothing but dunes (glamis) and havr tried them on several quads, they sucked on them all. And as a side note, everyone that had the sold them.

400exrider707
07-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R

haha I know I can take the stone spray sandwich, I race MX, I know what roost is. Most of our tracks are very rocky too.

250r4life
07-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Bail on the sand stars, Some people love them, I can't stand them. I ride nothing but dunes (glamis) and havr tried them on several quads, they sucked on them all. And as a side note, everyone that had the sold them.

man, for every body that hates them there are others that love them... i really really like mine, and was the first to get them in my group, and now a majority of my group has them and all really like them...