PDA

View Full Version : No-Toil Air filters

Nick110
07-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Anybody use them or have any input on them. I just ordered one for my 06 R. I will check it out and give a review on it.

CannondaleRider
07-12-2006, 01:36 PM
I use them...they work VERY well....and VERY is an understatment.

They catch anything and everything.

Downside, almost have to use No-Toil cleaner, if you use the No-Toil oil(not sure if you can use anything else) The oil does its job for sure, but it takes a bit to get it off the filter even with the specific No-Toil cleaner.

Also, you have to use the cleaner to get it off your hands. So you learn to use rubber gloves, plastic bags, or whatever you have to to oil it up and put it on the bike, without getting it anywhere.

07-12-2006, 01:58 PM
what are they?

Nick110
07-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
I use them...they work VERY well....and VERY is an understatment.

They catch anything and everything.

Downside, almost have to use No-Toil cleaner, if you use the No-Toil oil(not sure if you can use anything else) The oil does its job for sure, but it takes a bit to get it off the filter even with the specific No-Toil cleaner.

Also, you have to use the cleaner to get it off your hands. So you learn to use rubber gloves, plastic bags, or whatever you have to to oil it up and put it on the bike, without getting it anywhere.

I'm assuming that you are using it on a Cannondale. When you bought it did it come with anything else. Like a filter ring, so it has something to clamp to. And is there a cage in yours? Do you have any pics?

Nick110
07-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Crath
what are they?

A-I-R F-I-L-T-E-R

07-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
A-I-R F-I-L-T-E-R i know, but i mean like, whas different about them that makes them soooo much better

CannondaleRider
07-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
I'm assuming that you are using it on a Cannondale. When you bought it did it come with anything else. Like a filter ring, so it has something to clamp to. And is there a cage in yours? Do you have any pics?

Didn't come with a cage or anything.

Just the filter itself, and a sticker, lol. Have to use your stock hardware. I mean, it is for a Cannondale, what it comes with may be different for other bikes.

Dave400ex
07-12-2006, 06:03 PM
I use the Oil and Cleaner on my UNI. That stuff works great. I usually clean it twice with the No Toil cleaner and then a third with normal dish soap. It's real sticky...