PDA

View Full Version : what is better spring or air suspension

jokester
07-12-2006, 01:18 AM
I'm looking to buy new shocks for my 03 400ex and I was thinking about going for the fox float air shox, for $590, or would it be more worth it to get a spring type socks, I'm not wanting to spend over $620 so I'm pretty sure that the fox floats would definatley be the best choice. Anyone that wants to voice there opion please do so and let me know

04TRX400EX
07-12-2006, 11:26 AM
Basically what you are asking is if the Fox Floats are any good, since they're the only air shox on the market. The answer is yes they are supposed to be great. Everyone that has them on here says that they wouldn't trade them for anything. For your budget, they'd be a great choice. Air shocks don't have any harsh spots like spring shocks sometimes do.

ITSTOCK
07-12-2006, 03:23 PM
For trail riding it seems that if not better, they are at least equal to the top of the line shocks offered (pep/elka/tcs).

I sent you a PM also.

Racing Rice
07-13-2006, 08:25 AM
I love my Fox Floats.. On the trails, I'll take them over conventional shocks any day. They soak up everything, and you can make them as firm as you want. I'm running them with +2 arms, I just put more air in them and they have work great. I don't do any big air jumps, just smaller stuff and they feel great.