PDA

View Full Version : i dont understand....

theTman
07-11-2006, 05:27 PM
how come everytime i start up my 250r my neighbors give me mean looks:o they must be jealous

BlasterEaten250
07-11-2006, 05:53 PM
maybe your handlebars are bent a little:confused: :p

theTman
07-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
maybe your handlebars are bent a little:confused: :p

you must be right...they look a little off

Mxjunkie
07-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Everytime I start my banshee up, go outside, get in the truck, let the dog out, go out to the pool or when dad comes in the driveway late at night with the good ol hawg doing the famous 1st-3rd gear flat shiftin salute and wakes up everyone in a 1 mile radius....

Mine stare, give me dirty looks and make comments to each other

:blah:

Toadz400
07-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Everytime I start my banshee up, go outside, get in the truck, let the dog out, go out to the pool or when dad comes in the driveway late at night with the good ol hawg doing the famous 1st-3rd gear flat shiftin salute and wakes up everyone in a 1 mile radius....

Mine stare, give me dirty looks and make comments to each other

:blah:

I hate people like your dad. No respect for other people. Eh, what can you do?

None of my neighbors used to care if I rode in the middle of the night on my quads, that is until a non-relative moved in down the road.

Sjorge450R
07-11-2006, 06:45 PM
i get the same thing. So I go outback (I have about a 150ft long yard so its not big) and I continuesly jump my jump and do wheelies. They arent being serieus, they just joke with me.

procircuit406ex
07-11-2006, 06:46 PM
my neighbors are the same about me and my buddy on his 450r:confused:

Aceman
07-11-2006, 06:52 PM
MXJunkie I would be pissed if I heard someone rapping on their pipes late at night. It's called being considerate....perhaps your dad should look that word up.

Mxjunkie
07-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
MXJunkie I would be pissed if I heard someone rapping on their pipes late at night. It's called being considerate....perhaps your dad should look that word up.

It's called having fun? when your 54 years old and your health aint to good I dont see why you wouldn't be able to have some fun in life if your days are getting numbered.

The mexicans next door blast music till 1-2am anyways I dont think they mind pops coming home after riding on sunday nights.

Plus the neighbor next door has been a royal prick ever since we moved in here, his dog almost killed my doberman pup about a year ago.. So piss on him

Now if I said he was coming home with a 400ex with a tc pipe wfo you guy's wouldnt say anything :rolleyes:

I guess you cant even use sacarsm on here anymore?

thrasher_ex
07-11-2006, 07:05 PM
when dad comes in the driveway late at night with the good ol hawg doing the famous 1st-3rd gear flat shiftin salute and wakes up everyone in a 1 mile radius....

:eek:
only cool people do that!

Mxjunkie
07-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I hate people like your dad. No respect for other people. Eh, what can you do?

Cool I'm sure he wouldnt like you too much either :)

You guys need to ease up a little, it's no wonder no one gets along in America nowadays. People need to be more easy going

07-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Now now children. Play nice. And by the way, move to the country if you don't like the stares. My brother set a high limit of loudness, so I have nothing to worry about. :devil: He had true duals on an '89 Chevy 1500, with no cat

Aceman
07-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Now if I said he was coming home with a 400ex with a tc pipe wfo you guy's wouldnt say anything :rolleyes:

Bull**** I wouldn't. I work a day job, I like to relax when I get home not listen to some jacka$s get on his pipes. One day when you mature a little more you will understand what we're trying to get across.

Mxjunkie
07-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Bull**** I wouldn't. I work a day job, I like to relax when I get home not listen to some jacka$s get on his pipes. One day when you mature a little more you will understand what we're trying to get across.

I work all day long too and I like hearing some jackass give it hell down the road at any hour of the day/night.

redracing88
07-11-2006, 07:24 PM
i like it i wish mxjunkie would bring that thuing over here to wake me up in the morn i dont know why you yahoos dont like it its american muscle:rolleyes:

nosliw
07-11-2006, 07:25 PM
me and my whole family are similar to mxjunkie's dad. just befriend all the cops (civilians course is a good way to meet them) and they won't give you any problems if you aren't screwing around ALL the time.

and if ya can't appreciate the sound of a harley everyonce in a while then you need to move to..... idk...... canada or something ;) jk

LTandRaptorider
07-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Well Tman... is all this helping to clear up your confusion? :confused: :blah:

Now don't forget guys... post on here any pms you receive during this skirmish for our amusement! :D

Blue250X
07-11-2006, 07:27 PM
I work all day long too and I like hearing some jackass give it hell down the road at any hour of the day/night.

i love that! like when i hear a bike or loud car coming, i run to the nearest window:devil:

redracing88
07-11-2006, 07:27 PM
amen!

LTandRaptorider
07-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by redracing88
i like it i wish mxjunkie would bring that thuing over here to wake me up in the morn i dont know why you yahoos dont like it its american muscle:rolleyes:

Ok, my only reply to all this. Yes, it's American muscle. Whether bike, quad, truck or car. I too enjoy that. But... When I get up at 4-5am for work, I DON'T have a sense of humor for chit like that after midnight. A time and place for everything. But I don't get mad about stupid stuff like that... I only get even... again and again. ;)

Ok, let the battle rage on... :p

Mxjunkie
07-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Ok, my only reply to all this. Yes, it's American muscle. Whether bike, quad, truck or car. I too enjoy that. But... When I get up at 4-5am for work, I DON'T have a sense of humor for chit like that after midnight. A time and place for everything. But I don't get mad about stupid stuff like that... I only get even... again and again. ;)

Ok, let the battle rage on... :p

Note to self: Ride harley to Bart's house and do pass's in front of his house at 4am.. :devil:

07-11-2006, 07:35 PM
well i live abotu a 1/4 mile back in the woods with 14 acres but theres a christian school to the left and a mt lous san bible camp on the other side that my grandparents donated the land for and my track is right along the border line of our preperty in between the school so its really loud up there...and everytime i meet somebody thats every been to that school they say it get annoying cuz somebody rides a 4wheeler and its really loud during class haha

then theres a big area of town houses down the road about a mile and a couple of my friends live there and they say they can listen and hear where i am at on my track by the sound of my quad

and another friend thats over 2 miles away from me said he can hear it everytime i start my 450 but he rides too so he likes the sound

LTandRaptorider
07-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Note to self: Ride harley to Bart's house and do pass's in front of his house at 4am.. :devil:

Better bring beer, bud! No better way to start the day... :eek: :D

07-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Blue250X
i love that! like when i hear a bike or loud car coming, i run to the nearest window:devil:

chiiit you stole the words right out of my mouth. the kid/guy across the street has a 05 ram 1500 with duals coming out the back and a yoshi equipped z400`. ehh makes me wanna go ride. and josh who gives a kicking chit. i swim, jump on the trampoline, mess with the dog,mess with the dirtbike untill 12:00 in the morning. it doesnt seem to be illegal because the head of toms river EMS is my next door neighbor "litterally". id love to see a harley ripping down the street. im tired of all these kids with their crotch rockets and rice burners:o

onefast400ex
07-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
me and my whole family are similar to mxjunkie's dad. just befriend all the cops (civilians course is a good way to meet them) and they won't give you any problems if you aren't screwing around ALL the time.

and if ya can't appreciate the sound of a harley everyonce in a while then you need to move to..... idk...... canada or something ;) jk

Yeah hes right if you dont like it move to canada. Stop argueing over the internet. :macho

Fred55
07-11-2006, 08:22 PM
HD's sound like crap anyways...thats what I would be mad about..listening to a hunk o harley anytime.

nosliw
07-11-2006, 08:25 PM
potato potato potato potato poTATO PO-*cough* *stutter* *pop* tato potato potato

CHAR250R
07-11-2006, 08:34 PM
A kid down the street from me decided to do some burnouts in front of my house at 3 AM with his nice 5.0 Mustang. Now I'm all for burnouts, loud pipes, and all that stufff.....but not at 3 AM in front of my house. Went down to get the mail a few days later and stopped him to ask him why he was doing burnouts in front of my house at 3 AM. He said his father would kick his butt if he woke him up. I told him that if he wakes me up again, I'd kick his butt. Problem solved. When he sees me getting my mail, he stops to see what's up, and he gives me a nice long smokeshow. Young men do stupid things. Older men (like myself) sometimes have to tell the young guys to be respectful to others. I was a young man once, and know what it's like to be stupid. ;)

250R-Dee
07-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Imagine this .....

It's a saturday morning and you are sitting on the sofa stuffing your face with sugar coated oat pops while staring at something that is supposed to be funny on the idiot box. Suddenly your house begins to rumble and you hear a whoop whoop whoop whoop sound.

Is the world about to end??

Nope, (2) CH53-E Super Stallion, (2) CH46 Sea Knight, (2) UH1 Huey, (2) AH1 Super Cobra helicopters just passed over your house. They do this several times because they are practicing emergency insertions/extractions. I usually run out and snap pics because seeing the whirly birds in action is awesome. But the fun doesn't stop here.

You hear a thundering noise in the distance but you can not see the object. 2 minutes later you are plugging your ears as you watch several Harrier jump jets make their way back to base.

A few minutes later F18's, C130's, KC135's, Blackhawks and other aircraft begin to land and take off from the base that is about 10 minutes from my house. I am lucky I live by the smaller base because the C5's that take off from the Air Force base are so loud that make you want to faint....hahahaha

A single bike or ATV does not compare to this ground rumbling display of technology :D. Over here we have a bike gangs that are called Bosozoku. These little punks will gather in groups of 10~100 and wreck havoc. They usually cruise at night and will sometimes bring traffic to a complete halt by blocking all of the lanes with a pack of bikes that is 6 or 7 rows deep. Now imagine the sound of 60~100 bikes without baffles or silencers cruising the streets :(

Some of you people really need to ease up and go ride something (ATV, bike, partner) so you can relieve some of that stress.

procircuit406ex
07-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by 250R-Dee
Imagine this .....
It's a saturday morning and you are sitting on the sofa stuffing your face with sugar coated oat pops while staring at something that is supposed to be funny on the idiot box.

i find this extremely funny for some reason:scary:

JUSTINcredible
07-11-2006, 09:09 PM
i could care less what my neighbors do when im trying to sleep. there isnt much that will wake me up in the middle of the night. we have tornado sirens a block away and i sleep right through them when they go off in the middle of the night.

250ex13
07-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by procircuit406ex
i find this extremely funny for some reason:scary:
haahah i did too

07-11-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm with Aceman on this one. Sure I like quads and all that. But there's these people that live up the street and they ride some kind of quad around 12-3 in the morning. I don't mind if its in the day time, but It's annoying as **** when I'm trying to sleep.

ShiftFMX
07-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Having a 2 Stroke with a TRX-6 Pipe...I love NOT having a noise ordinance :devil:

Can I Get a BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

yamablaster24
07-11-2006, 09:36 PM
there were about 4-5 harley guys at my local gas station all gettin off their bikes and a couple of them decide just to wind em out just as i pull in on my cbr with vance-hines full system. Yeah the harley was loud at maybe what the 6,000 rpm they rev to, then i fuel up with gas, and start to leave when one of them shakes their head at me, so i put my bike to the redline and let it bounce off the rev limiter around 14-15,000 rpm they all look at eachother in shock. Did the same thing behind a mustang at a stop light, he sees me pull up and revs up his pony, had to have mufflers or something cuz it sounded great, same thing i rev her up and he looks at his buddy in the passenger seat and gives me a thumbs up. You harley or car guys who think their ****s loud need to hear a nice rocket with a pipe on it, might not blow your ear drums but it makes them hum at 15,000 rpm. Loudest thing i have ever experienced personally was when i was about 15 ft from the bob motz jet truck (worlds fastest truck) when its very large jet lit up, louder then any funny car there, plugging your ears made no difference it was just a huge boom. Loudest bike i have heard was this guys honda blackbird. Open headers, bored to a 13?? Redlined around the same as my bike and was frekin loud as a mofo

Enough with my boring stories, just thought i would share.

Btw i live on a long, straight road or right off of one actually and even though i dont go into work until 2 i love hearing a car or bike just haulin *** down the road, i once heard a bike top out 5th gear down my road, and he just held onto it for maybe 10 seconds wide open, i couldnt imaging how fast he was goin on my residential 35 mph road, had to be in the 170 area.

procircuit406ex
07-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by yamablaster24
Loudest thing i have ever experienced personally was when i was about 15 ft from the bob motz jet truck (worlds fastest truck) when its very large jet lit up, louder then any funny car there, plugging your ears made no difference it was just a huge boom.

ahh man i love that truck:devil:

Toadz400
07-11-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm all for loud things, just not in the middle of the night when people are sleeping and they need to get up early in the morning to work all day. It's called respect. It just seems people who do that have none for other people.

Doober
07-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Having a 2 Stroke with a TRX-6 Pipe...I love NOT having a noise ordinance :devil:

that reminds me of that domino's commercial about hoo-ha tuesday's, well anyways.....brap

Rootar
07-11-2006, 11:41 PM

damn i dont remember Rs going brap the fastest r ive ever seen in person was last year when we went and watched this race in texas, it was a sparks built 310 and it seriously sounded like :

ppiiiiinnngggg pppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnggg ping :huh i thinkg thinking what the hell is in that thing it was reving into freaking orbit almost

250r4life
07-11-2006, 11:50 PM
i love bikes and all... but dont mess with my sleep... it takes a whole lot to wake me up though... i'll sleep all night at the dunes without waking up once, when my buddies will complain about generators or people riding all night or whatever... i dont hear a thing... but yah when you work full time and take 17 credit hours at ASU, and do everything else that has to be done... sometimes those few hours are all you get, and you want them to be as enjoyeable and refreshing as possible... now riding your harley down the street at a low RPMs and parking it in your garage is fine... but if you sit there and crank it open, or sit and rev it in your driveway cuz you like the sound, your likely to get shot by my paintball gun, or your likely for me to come and slap you upside the head

coolex
07-12-2006, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by D6MX450R
well i live abotu a 1/4 mile back in the woods with 14 acres but theres a christian school to the left and a mt lous san bible camp on the other side that my grandparents donated the land for and my track is right along the border line of our preperty in between the school so its really loud up there...and everytime i meet somebody thats every been to that school they say it get annoying cuz somebody rides a 4wheeler and its really loud during class haha

then theres a big area of town houses down the road about a mile and a couple of my friends live there and they say they can listen and hear where i am at on my track by the sound of my quad

and another friend thats over 2 miles away from me said he can hear it everytime i start my 450 but he rides too so he likes the sound

i very seriously doubt u can be heard for 2 miles

and i love loud any thing because i have insomnia so i dnt sleep and i need to be entertained at night, its 6:20 in the mornign and i havent fallen asleep yet and problay wont, but i never hear ne thing cuz i live on a dead end road with only one other house, but he dose have a old impaller which sounds nice

Iliketogofast
07-12-2006, 05:57 AM

Yes, you can.

:D

Quad18star
07-12-2006, 06:13 AM
I think the most annoying sound in the world , is the sound of one of those little pocket bikes .

At first they sounded pretty cool . But for the last 2 weeks since schools been out , some little prick down the street bought one and all he does is go up and down the street ... back and forth ... non fk'ing stop . He starts at 9am and doesn't stop till around 11:30 at night . He must burn about 5 tanks of gas per day , if not more .

I'm just about ready to run out in the middle of the street and either tackle him off the bike or closeline him as he goes by .

I also agree with the issue of the Harley . I love the sound of a Harley .... just not at 3am . Another guy down the street owns one with no baffles . I live 4 houses down from a stop sign , so I get all the noise of the guys letting off the throttle , then getting back on the throttle as they round the corner . There's a time and a place to let loose ... 3am is not one of those times .... people have to be awake in the morning and would like a good nights sleep .

Toadz400
07-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by coolex
i very seriously doubt u can be heard for 2 miles

and i love loud any thing because i have insomnia so i dnt sleep and i need to be entertained at night, its 6:20 in the mornign and i havent fallen asleep yet and problay wont, but i never hear ne thing cuz i live on a dead end road with only one other house, but he dose have a old impaller which sounds nice

A friend of mine used to live about 3 miles away from me. Back when he had his R4 exhaust on his 400ex I could hear him start it up and ride around in his yard. And inbetween our houses is nothing but plenty of hills and trees.

coolex
07-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
A friend of mine used to live about 3 miles away from me. Back when he had his R4 exhaust on his 400ex I could hear him start it up and ride around in his yard. And inbetween our houses is nothing but plenty of hills and trees.

i never thought it would travel that far

but i guess if there is no houses to block it i guess it could

procircuit406ex
07-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I'm just about ready to run out in the middle of the street and either tackle him off the bike or closeline him as he goes by .

WHAT!?!?!?!? NO....roost him :macho

theTman
07-12-2006, 12:16 PM
:o dang this stupid thread i made got big over night eh?

procircuit406ex
07-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by theTman
:o dang this stupid thread i made got big over night eh?

looks like it :D

86 Quad R
07-12-2006, 02:55 PM

ohhhh yea!!! there is an mx track that is about 2 miles straight across from my house through the woods. i can hear them on sat. and sun. clear as a bell and the track is down in a old abandoned gravel pitt.

Toadz400
07-12-2006, 06:59 PM

No that's the thing, it's across hills, trees, and houses. It's just insane how loud his 400EX was with that pipe, 4-strokes sound carries a lot farther than 2-strokes.

Ghost-Rider
07-12-2006, 07:20 PM
I love it i live in the booneys couple miles into woods but a easment close to a main road ( big big main road 55 mph ) gets all kinda traffic and some of that craps louud it sounds like your right there but i love listenin to things fly down the road i waitin to hear a load screach and ca-smash
dude got a crotch rocket for his b-day and was flying railroad tracks bout a mile or 2 away we hear him goin to the tracks things screamin then we hear a loud SMASHHH he wiped out goin well over 100 and died ....... but i like the sounds of that stuff helps me sleep.