PDA

View Full Version : TCS Shock Question!!

KC_BRAINS
07-11-2006, 04:36 PM
My question is if the TCS longtravel ZPS triple rate shocks are really triple rate or are they like Elka (triple rate)that tell you triple rate when they are really dual rate. Let me try to explain: from what I understand ZPS shocks have and xtra spring (think is 5 pounds) that allows the shock to lower the ride height. Some Manufacturers like PEP sell triple rate ZPS, menaing 3 springs plus the ZPS spring, while Elka in their Quadrate shocks is the same thing (3 springs plus the ZPS spring,which you can compress with your hand) but they sell it like having four springs. I think is more honest not to consider that 5lb spring.
So where does TCS stand in this issue? Do they take into account that ZPS spring?

Thanks

red4r
07-11-2006, 04:57 PM
there triplerate... and a tru triple rate setup is 2 main springs and the zps spring..so yea they count the zps as 1....i think

KC_BRAINS
07-11-2006, 05:07 PM
I am not 100% sure but I donīt think Axis counts the ZPS spring as the third spring. I mean the ZPS spring which you can compress with your hand is not really going to do you any good when it comes to absorbing anything. Well is just a thought, and since I have heard so many good things about TCS wanted to be sure about what they where selling.

Thanks for the info

Colby@C&DRacing
07-12-2006, 08:46 AM
If you get the sag control them they are more of a dual rate. You can ask for quadrate on the longtravel but it is not needed. To many people rely on springs for a proper ride instead of valving the shock properly. TCS does a great job valving shocks so you don't need a bunch of spring to compensate.