PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Mo OMA race July 29th

scramblerracer
07-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Who is racing the OMA up in Memphis Mo on the 29th? Anyone raced any of these before? Do I have to join their association if I only want to race this one race? Thanks Josh

jlm996s
07-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Josh, I raced the OMA race in Decatur Arkansas this past April. I didn't have to join....but I think if you plan on racing more than one of their races you have to join.

scramblerracer
07-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Thanks- I just want to try the one in missouri this year. later

geogeorge
07-20-2006, 01:04 AM
I'm going. what class you going to run josh?

we have a close one in the stock class this year. 6 points diff from first to 4th place.

:devil:

dj400ex
07-20-2006, 03:31 PM
i think we were going to check it out

Kurt Glore
07-21-2006, 06:59 AM
Where can I get some information on this? I might try to make it.

Here is the site if anyone is interested. I just found it.

http://www.omanationals.com/index1.php

scramblerracer
07-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by geogeorge
I'm going. what class you going to run josh?

we have a close one in the stock class this year. 6 points diff from first to 4th place.

Geoff, If I am able to go I will race B class. I forgot about my wedding aniversary being the 29th. The wife hasn't decided if she will be really mad or not yet. If I do go I will race, load up and hurry home. Later Josh

geogeorge
07-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by scramblerracer
Geoff, If I am able to go I will race B class. I forgot about my wedding aniversary being the 29th. The wife hasn't decided if she will be really mad or not yet. If I do go I will race, load up and hurry home. Later Josh

Bring her along and call it her gift a trip out of town and dinner out.

here is how things shak out with the two bad scores taken out.

You lead with 76 points and Clint, Me and Randy all have 73 points. Its a dog fight now.

montycarlo
07-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Memphis is only 85 miles away.... I might be able to afford the gas! :cool:

sspalco
07-21-2006, 11:23 PM
The way things look right now, the Shrum clan may not be going this weekend.

geogeorge
07-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by sspalco
The way things look right now, the Shrum clan may not be going this weekend.

Kim we don't care if you smell, your still sweet. Just have Donny stop at the river so you all can wash off. :devil:

I can bring some water over if you need it.

scramblerracer
07-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Geoff, I will be there saturday. I will have to leave as soon as the races are over but I need some practice so that will be good. See ya there

sspalco
07-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks Geoff for the water offer, but hubby is resourceful. He hooked the well straight into the house so we had water. The thing is we have 26 people staying with us cuz their power and water is not on.

Martin470
07-23-2006, 08:30 PM
we had this race in mind and at park hills Kyle broke his hand and so that idea is over now.. but he will be good to go for the GNCC'S. later tyler

sspalco
07-24-2006, 10:45 AM
ok we are back on for the race, I need a break from the chaos in my house

montycarlo
07-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Short trip from here, but I think I am going to stay home. :( Checkbook is a little short and I really want to go to IATVHSS race at Decatur City/Leon.

jdwxv3
07-24-2006, 12:33 PM
I would like to go but I dont think it will happen. Do they have a stock class?

geogeorge
07-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
I would like to go but I dont think it will happen. Do they have a stock class?

no stock class but I'm going to run the B class that they have.

jdwxv3
07-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Ok thanks, I still have a lot to put together before mine is stock anyhow. I am just hoping I can get it ready by Tebbets lol. Good luck at the race to all you Missouri guys.

geogeorge
07-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Ok thanks, I still have a lot to put together before mine is stock anyhow. I am just hoping I can get it ready by Tebbets lol. Good luck at the race to all you Missouri guys.

Josh just so you know. You can't move back to stock class this year. You started out in A and Tom was wrong last year in saying you could run stock. You have to wait till the start of next season to move back in class.

Sorry but rules are rules.

jdwxv3
07-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Josh just so you know. You can't move back to stock class this year. You started out in A and Tom was wrong last year in saying you could run stock. You have to wait till the start of next season to move back in class.

Sorry but rules are rules.

Yes I can. *** Rules for the ATV Stock class:

Rider cannot change the exhaust system, spark arrester, A-arms, swing arm, gas tank, carburetor (may change jetting), shocks, engine or frame. Engine and frame must be from the original manufacture for that make and model. For additional information contact Greg Kinkelaar at kinklr@centurytel.net or Tom Prendergast at tprender@hotmail.com

A-Intermediate Top 6-15 overall finishers from last season must ride class. After 2005 it will be the 11-20 overall finishers.

Does not say anywhere I cant run stock I finished 30th overall last year so this year I did not even have to race A. So I am running stock. See ya at Tebbets. Later, Josh

geogeorge
07-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Yes I can. *** Rules for the ATV Stock class:

Rider cannot change the exhaust system, spark arrester, A-arms, swing arm, gas tank, carburetor (may change jetting), shocks, engine or frame. Engine and frame must be from the original manufacture for that make and model. For additional information contact Greg Kinkelaar at kinklr@centurytel.net or Tom Prendergast at tprender@hotmail.com

A-Intermediate Top 6-15 overall finishers from last season must ride class. After 2005 it will be the 11-20 overall finishers.

Does not say anywhere I cant run stock I finished 30th overall last year so this year I did not even have to race A. So I am running stock. See ya at Tebbets. Later, Josh

Under scorekeeping number

15. Those riding the A-Intermediate class may not ride any other class except the AA class.

Sorry. you started this year in A you have to stay there for this year or move up to AA. Hate to be this way but with a four man fight for the class I will protest your trying to race the stock class this year.

jdwxv3
07-24-2006, 06:51 PM
I will talk to Erica. Stock is a no skill class. If not I guess I will see you next year. I am only racing one race. Besides you helped build the last 2 tracks and took 1st and 3rd Oh well rules are rules:rolleyes:

dj400ex
07-24-2006, 06:56 PM
and i heard he took a hot lap at flatriver and got 1st!

sspalco
07-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Everybody has the same opportunity to go and help with the tracks. and DJ...every lap at Flatriver was a HOT lap

dj400ex
07-24-2006, 06:57 PM
i know mom :rolleyes: i like messing with geoff tho

jdwxv3
07-24-2006, 07:01 PM
I know that, I just wanna race one race in the class. I dont have the money or the want to, to race the A class. I just want to ride in stock simple as that. My wreck changed the way I look at a lot of things. I have more responsibilities now I can not afford to get hurt....so I sold my after market parts paid off the 450R and just going to race close races for fun for now on. If I race A on stock stuff I will most likly mess my self or the quad up. Oh well I can wait until next year it does not matter. See you all at Tebbets regaurdless.

dj400ex
07-24-2006, 07:03 PM
well u and yurik can battle :D in the A class and not wreck ur bike

jdwxv3
07-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by dj400ex
well u and yurik can battle :D in the A class and not wreck ur bike

That was not nice lol. I like Tebbets maybe I will do one more race in A and maybe I can finish.

DJJ450r
07-24-2006, 07:05 PM
well u and yurik can battle :D in the A class and not wreck ur bike LMAO owned:devil:

dj400ex
07-24-2006, 07:06 PM
LOL yurik needs the practice and idk ive been trying to teach him by words tho we havent rode together yet maybe u can teach him some stuff?

jdwxv3
07-24-2006, 07:06 PM
lol that was a good one Devon.

jdwxv3
07-24-2006, 07:07 PM
LOL yurik needs the practice and idk ive been trying to teach him by words tho we havent rode together yet maybe u can teach him some stuff?

DJ I raced 2 times this year and wrecked both races....no one wants me to teach them what I know lol

dj400ex
07-24-2006, 07:08 PM
but you used to be fast? and teach him by ur mistakes ?

jdwxv3
07-24-2006, 07:09 PM
I can still go kinda fast but I just cant keep out of the ditches and off the trees lol.

DJJ450r
DJ I raced 2 times this year and wrecked both races....no one wants me to teach them what I know lol He can learn what not to do, atleast until I pass him then he can try to keep up with me:o

dj400ex
DJ I raced 2 times this year and wrecked both races....no one wants me to teach them what I know lol

mitch hasnt been telling you anything?

jdwxv3
07-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Mitch is to busy working. He has not even touched his quad since probaly the last race. He dont care about racing to much anymore he is focused on school....plus he moved out on his own. So next year you wont see much of any of us except the close ones. It is weird we all kinda got burnt out at the same time:confused: We used to live and breath this stuff now we just like if we can make a race fine if not that is fine to. It was really fun while it lasted. I really wanted to put up a good fight this year in A but I think God is telling me not to race lol.

jdwxv3
07-24-2006, 07:15 PM
mitch hasnt been telling you anything?

Besides he dont want to teach me anyway....he likes to kick my *** :D

scramblerracer
07-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Josh W. I'm going to call Casey tomarrow to see if he wants to go riding one night this week. I will tell him to get ahold of you and Mitch too. I am going to the OMA race this weekend, to see what they are all about. I wish the season was longer- another 3 or 4 more races and I might be on my game. Stock class needs to get more entries at every race so I am up for a challange if you and Mitch both want to come to stock. It would be fun. They need to look at splitting the stock class into a,b,c levels next year but I know they won't when we only have 10 racers each race. Geoff is right about the season points being tight for the top guys. As long as you don't crash the guys that are in the hunt when you go around I don't see what it would hurt. Next year I am moving to B class. I want better suspension! Later Josh L

ronnie
07-24-2006, 07:46 PM
DJ I raced 2 times this year and wrecked both races....no one wants me to teach them what I know lol do you need me to teach you :D

jdwxv3
07-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by ronnie
do you need me to teach you :D

No ronnie you just concentrate on staying safe at work! There was an article in Jeff City's paper about your company...sounds pretty serious. You dont wanna teach me anyway, I am getting older, fatter, and slow lol. See ya, Josh

jdwxv3
07-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Josh L. I dont know if Casey will ride or not this week. He is building a shop at his house and Mitch is working most nights...my quad is taken apart..still so I am out plus I have to watch the baby( my wife works nights)

But you might want to give me a call Josh L. Dan Schafer and Zack Werdehausen are probaly going to the OMA race as well. Maybe you all can meet up or something. Zack has a broken thumb but he is still racing...it has been broke for a couple races but the freakin idiot just now got it x-rayed. Anyhow call me if you want to meet up with Zack and Dan..301-6432.

Later, Josh W.

ronnie
07-24-2006, 07:57 PM
No ronnie you just concentrate on staying safe at work! There was an article in Jeff City's paper about your company...sounds pretty serious. You dont wanna teach me anyway, I am getting older, fatter, and slow lol. See ya, Josh im safe at work they made new rules if you get cought not wearing a harness are not tieing off you get a year off.don't give up on rideing its a lot off hard work slow down a little bit and ride smart :D

DJJ450r
07-24-2006, 07:57 PM
do you need me to teach you :D I still can't PM you:grr:

ronnie
07-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
I still can't PM you:grr: i don't know what is wrong

dj400ex
07-24-2006, 09:44 PM
lol ronnie i think u might of taught him how to hit trees , that helmet cam sure taught me how to :D

jdwxv3
07-25-2006, 05:04 AM
lol ronnie i think u might of taught him how to hit trees , that helmet cam sure taught me how to :D

lol. Besides I am not giving up on riding. Just slowing down on the racing. I love to ride never ever wanna give that up. Good luck at the OMA race guys.

sspalco
07-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
I still can't PM you:grr:

It is because he has you blocked!!;)

07-25-2006, 10:24 AM
ouch...looks like me after my first lap :eek2:

Johnny & Monica
07-25-2006, 01:37 PM
i don't know what is wrong

empty out all of your inbox plus sent messages and message tracking to clear it and you should be able to receive pm's again.

geogeorge
07-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
empty out all of your inbox plus sent messages and message tracking to clear it and you should be able to receive pm's again.

It sounds like ronnie mist his time of the month. If he is not PMSing he must be with child.

O I'm a bad bad person.

ronnie
07-25-2006, 06:36 PM
It sounds like ronnie mist his time of the month. If he is not PMSing he must be with child.

O I'm a bad bad person. i did all that if i can not get it to work i will call kim:D

SHEP400EX
07-25-2006, 09:22 PM
man i really wanted to go to this one. anyone of you who are 1st timers at this race, you will love it:D its a great course with a track thats quad friendly. i hear bryan baker may be there to race, so that would have been cool to race with the big pros. he would have spanked me but i would have doing it.:ermm: well goood luck to all the mo guys
the other slower shep:D

SHEP400EX
07-25-2006, 09:24 PM
mistake--- i would have had fun doing it...for the last line im such a retard:p
shep

DJJ450r
07-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by SHEP400EX
mistake--- i would have had fun doing it...for the last line im such a retard:p
shep right next to the quote button theres an edit button:blah:

Martin470
07-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by SHEP400EX
man i really wanted to go to this one. anyone of you who are 1st timers at this race, you will love it:D its a great course with a track thats quad friendly. i hear bryan baker may be there to race, so that would have been cool to race with the big pros. he would have spanked me but i would have doing it.:ermm: well goood luck to all the mo guys
the other slower shep:D

i think bryan's quad is tore down for the summer rebuild i know his frame was getting gusseted and powdered and i think its still sitting in the dirtworks shop. later tyler

geogeorge
07-29-2006, 07:22 PM
It was a great race. D. Jonhson took the win in pro class, Josh L. took the win in B Class and Geoff George ME took the win in C Class. all and all not a bad day for the missouri guys.

shaff107
07-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Ryan Morphew was only 15 seconds behind in second in the PRO class not to bad for a Pro-Am rider .....

Donald Ockerman was 3rd 2:00 behind the leader also not to bad for a 4 Stroke A boy!

Darrell Bozarth won the A class.

montycarlo
07-29-2006, 07:50 PM
It was a great race. D. Jonhson took the win in pro class, Josh L. took the win in B Class and Geoff George ME took the win in C Class. all and all not a bad day for the missouri guys.

Geoff WHO? :blah:

Nice job fellers! ;)

jdwxv3
07-29-2006, 08:41 PM
How did eveyone else do? Like Dan Schafer, Little Shrum and Devon? Did Hicks, Senger, Zac Johnson or any other Missouri Pros race? What about Ronnie?

Thought you were racing B anyway Geoff. How many people raced? Oh yea and congrats on the finishes guys.

And Shaff Morphew will be in Pro row next year. He is doing pretty good this year. Later, Josh

DJJ450r
07-29-2006, 08:48 PM
I got 7th in A class, me and Bozarth were battling the whole 1st lap and into the second lap until a pro rider got in between us, Bozarth passed him in an open section and I was right on him yelling and screaming and he wouldnt move, I finally got around him on the mx track but by that time Bozarth was gone, and I just got tired, to many open sections, my bikes built for woods not feilds sorry I dont wanna blow it up:blah: my thumb was just killing me too. Dan Scheafer got 2nd in A and DJ quit:ermm:

ronnie
07-29-2006, 08:53 PM
How did eveyone else do? Like Dan Schafer, Little Shrum and Devon? Did Hicks, Senger, Zac Johnson or any other Missouri Pros race? What about Ronnie?

Thought you were racing B anyway Geoff. How many people raced? Oh yea and congrats on the finishes guys.

And Shaff Morphew will be in Pro row next year. He is doing pretty good this year. Later, Josh i think i got 8th or 9th i had a bad day it was too hot and i have not ben rideing at all .

jdwxv3
Sounds good. I am glad to see Dan did good. I guess you figured out Zack did not race....he said since his thumb has been broke for like 8 weeks and he has raced on it 2 times he figured he better let it heal up before Tebbets. Why did DJ quit did he get a bad start or something? Did Ronnie race? Later, Josh

geogeorge

And Shaff Morphew will be in Pro row next year. He is doing pretty good this year. Later, Josh

Too many riders in the B row so I step back a class. I don't like 30 quad rushes for a one quad wide trail. As it was I still got T boned and had to fight my way back to the front. Twice at that cuz I think I lapped everyone in the C class.:eek2:

jdwxv3
07-29-2006, 08:54 PM
We must have been typing at the same time Ronnie lol

jdwxv3
07-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Too many riders in the B row so I step back a class. I don't like 30 quad rushes for a one quad wide trail. As it was I still got T boned and had to fight my way back to the front. Twice at that cuz I think I lapped everyone in the C class.:eek2:

So how many racers showed up. I wish I could race really bad but man to many things are going on right now and it really really stinks:ermm:

geogeorge
07-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Ronnie glade to see you guys made it home. I hope with out any more flats.

I guess Devon got his quad washed for free.:devil:

geogeorge
07-29-2006, 08:57 PM
So how many racers showed up. I wish I could race really bad but man to many things are going on right now and it really really stinks:ermm:

19 pros, 25 or 26 in the A class and about the same in the B row, there were on ly like 12 in the C class so I went for the small row.

DJJ450r
07-29-2006, 08:58 PM

I guess Devon got his quad washed for free.:devil: that was DJ's quad, and I would say there was about 75 riders? idk

ronnie
07-29-2006, 09:01 PM

I guess Devon got his quad washed for free.:devil:
yes we made it home .thanks for dinner we owe you one

ronnie
07-29-2006, 09:03 PM
i geuss we can not make fun of geoff yamaha this week becouse he got first:blah:

geogeorge
07-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Am I the only one that feels like he was hit by a truck today?

Maybe I should take up drinking then I could blame something for how I feel after a race. Or be too druck to know I hurt. :eek2:

I'm ready for the cold weather now. some trun the A/C back on please.

dj400ex
07-30-2006, 07:53 PM
i cant race thats why i quit

sspalco
07-30-2006, 08:00 PM
Congradulations on the first place win this weekend Geoff. BTW..did you help set up this course or did you do it all on your skills? lol

DJJ450r
07-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Congradulations on the first place win this weekend Geoff. BTW..did you help set up this course or did you do it all on your skills? lol Geoff has skills, since when?:devil: thx for dinner Geoff:D

jdwxv3
07-30-2006, 08:39 PM
i cant race thats why i quit

One of those races hugh. Been there done that....bought the T-shirt lol.

Hopefully you Mitch, Dan, Carson, and every other A guy has that type of day at Tebbets if I decide to race lol. Just a bit nervous to come back....especially on stock components. See you at Tebbets. Later, Josh

geogeorge
07-31-2006, 03:05 AM
Congradulations on the first place win this weekend Geoff. BTW..did you help set up this course or did you do it all on your skills? lol

No I did not help with this track. So I guess it was skill or luck. Bad new was I ran out of gas with a half mile to go. Thank god for reserve on the old quad. :D

scramblerracer
08-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Results are up at
http://www.omanationals.com/results/moonshine_proatv_results.pdf
they only have the pro lap times posted- I think it said they were still working on amature lap times. Geoff you were 26th overall and I was 20th. 12 of the top 26 were Pro class. Not bad for stock quads.

bansheexcracer2
08-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Do any of you know the guy on the black yfz that raced C-class down there? I think he was a local and didnt know if he ran your seiries or not. Thanks.

jdwxv3
08-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Yea he races in the Missouri Stock class. He is Geoff George.

bansheexcracer2
08-06-2006, 07:47 PM
You can tell him thanks for running me of the track on the start. He pushed me into some trees so I was dead last goin into the woods.

jdwxv3
08-06-2006, 07:58 PM
lol I will tell him. He is on this site all the time. I am sure he will read this. See ya, Josh

geogeorge
08-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by bansheexcracer2
You can tell him thanks for running me of the track on the start. He pushed me into some trees so I was dead last goin into the woods.

Your welcome.

Now if you were the guy on the banshee you got into me and we both wound up in the woods. So thank yourself as well. I was second to last going in to the wood and won so you should have just hung with me.

bansheexcracer2
08-06-2006, 09:19 PM
I didnt think i did but if i did i take responsibility for my part. They said i cut the motocross track and made me re run the whole thing on the 1st lap. so everybody got way ahead of me. I would have got 3rd but i had no goggles.

jdwxv3
08-06-2006, 09:49 PM
I say rubbing is racing. People bump and rub all the time. Most of the time it is not personal...it just happens.

geogeorge
08-06-2006, 10:08 PM
I say rubbing is racing. People bump and rub all the time. Most of the time it is not personal...it just happens.

what is the world coming to? Me and you agree on something.

Any time you try and get 15 or so riders into a area that is only able to hold 2 or three your going to have some rubbing. That is were it is important to know if you should gas it or break.

geogeorge
08-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by bansheexcracer2
I didnt think i did but if i did i take responsibility for my part. They said i cut the motocross track and made me re run the whole thing on the 1st lap. so everybody got way ahead of me. I would have got 3rd but i had no goggles.

We got into each other not on perpuse but because there was not room for all of us. Once we were into each other there was only one place to go and that was the woods on the right side. We were both put to the end of the line there.

I did get a break when a ute got hung up and some other riders were there with him. I got around them and was off to the races so to say.

tprender
08-07-2006, 06:26 PM
To bad that we don't have toll roads in Missouri. I am sure that we could name a few names of people that would do this.
http://my.break.com/Media/View.aspx?ContentID=138470&ChannelName=movies

ronnie
08-07-2006, 07:25 PM
We got into each other not on perpuse but because there was not room for all of us. Once we were into each other there was only one place to go and that was the woods on the right side. We were both put to the end of the line there.

I did get a break when a ute got hung up and some other riders were there with him. I got around them and was off to the races so to say. what are you doing takeing out a banchee rider .:D

geogeorge
08-07-2006, 07:40 PM
what are you doing takeing out a banchee rider .:D

The trees were to far away at the time :D

yfz450xc
08-08-2006, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by tprender
To bad that we don't have toll roads in Missouri. I am sure that we could name a few names of people that would do this.
http://my.break.com/Media/View.aspx?ContentID=138470&ChannelName=movies

Tom I dont know what is more sick , you with to much time on your hands or me for watching it.:eek2: :D
Scott

SHEP400EX
08-08-2006, 09:15 PM
i agree with you scott. that was wroooong! hope all of you are having a great summer break. cant wait to race and garrett cant stop talking about it, kinda cool huh!
the other slower shep

jdwxv3
08-12-2006, 09:22 AM
I dont know about everyone else but that leads me to a couple xxx sites. What have you been looking at Geoff lol:D

geogeorge
08-12-2006, 05:06 PM
A day at riding class with Tom P.

Now I know why they pay you to go.

www.break.com/index/atv_hits_dude_in_face.html

Advil is all I have to say. :eek2: