PDA

View Full Version : running to rich?

mrking1988
07-11-2006, 01:24 PM
when i tip up my quad to clean the underside, gas leaks out of at least two of the hoses that come out of the carb. DOes this mean i am running to rich and need to go down a jet size?

Also i think its to rich becasue somtimes when i ride if i just floor it, soomtimes it will spit and spoter then it willl rip.

RRP
07-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Tipping your quad up causes the gas the run out the over flows.Nothing to do with the way it runs.What set up are you running?Mine did that when it was to lean.

mrking1988
07-11-2006, 01:53 PM
i understand a little might come out, but it seems to pour out of the lines. I believe they are stock jets, i bought the quad used and i don't think the guy before me had the smarts to try that kind of project.

jshtex
07-11-2006, 06:53 PM
It's not jetting causing the fuel to spill out. It is the floats in the carb, flopping over and opening up the needle and seat. Basically the carb thinks it is low on fuel in the float bowl and it is simply letting the tank send the gas. Then the extra fuel runs out the overflow, which it should.

It's normal, you should just always turn the fuel off when standing the quad up.

You should worry about it if it does it when the quad is sitting flat, then you have a problem.

mrking1988
07-12-2006, 08:58 AM
ok thanks for the info. Now that helps with the tipping of the quad, i am still puzzled on why it studers when i floor it, could it need valve adjustments, new airfilter, new jetting?????????

BigAl
07-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Accelrator pump timing, or other jetting.

search for "off idle-bog" here, or at thumper talk, there are more opinions on this than you can shake a stick at.