PDA

View Full Version : Utah MX racers

QuadJunkies
07-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Any good racing going on in Aug.?? If so,when and where ??Whats the Ave number of entries?
Ive seen a few pics of two tracks overthere.Looking for info in the Salt Lake City area Aug 19-20.

chaz#32
07-20-2006, 12:24 AM
hey there is the usra races and some wildwest, go to raceusra.com and then mx schedule or wildwestmx.com and do the same, but in the usra atv class there is usually the following, junior: between 10-20 intermidiate: 5-10 pro: 1-5 and the wild west i went to there was only me and my buddy that raced in all atv classes. but aug. 12-13 there are races in beaver. (outlawmx.com) and then aug. 26-27 there are races in monticello, the usra schedule will say vernal but it got canceled cause they are rebuilding there track and the monticello races got rained out so they rescheduled monticello's the date that they canceled vernals...hope this helps ya.. i'll be at all the races so stop by and say whats up......#32..Chaz R.

QuadJunkies
07-20-2006, 12:33 AM
Hey, thanks fort he reply! :)
WE have done a Wild West before(Tinas a COOL LADY!) I think you will see alot more Idaho riders next season run that series.

We are oing on vacation to the SLC area and I thought MAYBE we could stay an extra day to see some racing IF there was a good turn out that wk end.
Thanks for the links, Ill check that out!

BTW... Any minis racing there? Also, are these track close to SLC? That drive is not that bad from where I live

chaz#32
07-20-2006, 12:45 AM
no there haven't been no mini quad racesat em, but the ogden race was farther north than slc, but its already over. the only other close one is huntington. (price)

QuadJunkies
07-20-2006, 01:46 AM
well that SUCKS :( Id love to take my kids to race out of state ,somewhere new.

i250r
07-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Rocky Mountain Raceway quad racing on most Wednesdays
August 18 Friday night
August 23 Weds night
They also have mini's. Last time we where out there they had 4 mini's

Rocky Mountain Raceway is located @ 6555 West 2100 South Salt Lake City www.rmrracing.com

QuadJunkies
07-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by i250r
August 18 Friday night
August 23 Weds night

Rocky Mountain Raceway is located @ 6555 West 2100 South Salt Lake City www.rmrracing.com thanks for the info! Any pics of all the tracks listed? How is the layout?

jmccary
07-24-2006, 09:50 PM
The rmr course is pretty good for quads. I heard the that bikes don't like it that much though. check out their schedule at the website and make the drive. It's a good time. I have seen 12 riders (A/B classes combined) and I've seen only 3 or 4. It varies.

QuadJunkies
07-24-2006, 11:36 PM
I havent seen alot of racing info in Utah, I guess I was just thinign there would be more from that area.Ill go and check it out. thanks ;)

jmccary
07-28-2006, 08:53 PM
You may also want to check out the ArenaX at Deseret Peak in Tooele (about 35min west of Salt Lake) on Friday nights. It's good but the course is pretty technical and not a lot of room for quads to pass. It's definently a bike track but imo, racing is good no matter what track you're on. They have a website with a schedule and info. I think it starts up again in a couple of weeks.

http://dpeakmx.tripod.com/

QuadJunkies
07-29-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by jmccary
You may also want to check out the ArenaX at Deseret Peak in Tooele (about 35min west of Salt Lake) on Friday nights. It's good but the course is pretty technical and not a lot of room for quads to pass. It's definently a bike track but imo, racing is good no matter what track you're on. They have a website with a schedule and info. I think it starts up again in a couple of weeks.

http://dpeakmx.tripod.com/

I coudlnt find any pics of the track??? Am I just missing it??
This drive wouldnt be too bad for us and would like to get some racks lined up for spring.. Im DEF interested! Fiday night... So its under the lights??!!! SWEET! Thats one thing I miss about our summer track here is it was Sat racing under the lights and its great in the summer :(

jmccary
07-29-2006, 12:45 PM
They don't have any pictures that I am aware of. You'd think they'd dress up the website a bit though. It's definently cool to race under the lights. It's a lot of fun watching the bikes hit the big triple too. It starts up around 5 pm and usually starts to wind down about 1100 or so. They have a TON of bikes racing in all different classes and the atv's are slowly catching on. With the new course at Rocky Mountain Raceway in Salt Lake City, a lot of guys are beginning to race. I suspect that the fall session at the Arena Cross will be a lot of fun. On that tight course with very little room to pass, the bottom line is you have to get the holeshot. They usually only run 3 laps and two motos, so you don't get much time to make up lost ground from a bad start.

buddah
07-30-2006, 09:52 PM
I've raced the Arena Cross at Desert Peak and I would give it an OK rating. Like stated before, you only go three laps and the wait between motos is very long. The track is small and very difficult to pass on four wheels. Getting the Holeshot is everything.

Years ago the lay out was much better with a very long start and a nice whoop section where you could pass a lot of riders. Nice safe jumps and tabletops. I haven't been out this year to see the track yet.

I would give RMR a try. The track has some great elevation changes and is a very good quad track from what I've seen and read. I know some people going out on Tuesday to practice
( Sandgod ) and others and I'll get more feedback. I would go, but I blew out the rear shock on my LT-R and waiting for a replacement.

QuadJunkies
07-30-2006, 09:57 PM
thanks Buddah ;)

I would like a wider track, especially for MX racing cause each rier IMO would get cheated there own talent and a good race on a single file track :p I would also worry about my wee ones getting injured more . Holeshot is everything at our indoor FT racing so we know how that goes.

Ill check out the other tracks and if anyone had some pics they could post,please do!

The kids are really excited about racing with new mini riders for the next season.

this is just a clip of them I made of the local and WORCS racing.

http://media.putfile.com/Kelsey--Brandons-Dedication-video

Troy will want to race as well on his 450r,Ill be mainly shooting pics but may race a race or two as well :)

jmccary
07-31-2006, 09:12 AM
If there is one good thing about the Arena X at Deseret Peak, it's that there a lot of kids racing. I have seen many occasions where the minis had 13-15 riders. From watching that video, I'd say your youngins would lap at least half of the field. Most of the little ones down here don't have those kinds of skills. Most of us old folks don't either. They can flat out ride. What kind of bikes are they riding? My boy is getting ready to upgrade from a little 50 and I am trying to get smart on what he needs.

Later.

QuadJunkies
07-31-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by jmccary
If there is one good thing about the Arena X at Deseret Peak, it's that there a lot of kids racing. I have seen many occasions where the minis had 13-15 riders. From watching that video, I'd say your youngins would lap at least half of the field. Most of the little ones down here don't have those kinds of skills. Most of us old folks don't either. They can flat out ride. What kind of bikes are they riding? My boy is getting ready to upgrade from a little 50 and I am trying to get smart on what he needs.

Later.

LOL. well,thank you.:)
My kids race a modified Eton 90 and Stroked 116 .There is many good minis out there now. My husbands best freind just bought his son a new mini DRR. I seen a fw of them race at WORCS and they seem to be a great mini! Of course there is the Eton,Kasea,TRX 90, Predator 90 LT80 and a few others

QuadJunkies
08-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by i250r
August 18 Friday night
August 23 Weds night

Rocky Mountain Raceway is located @ 6555 West 2100 South Salt Lake City www.rmrracing.com

Is this track easy to find??

Theres a race on a Wed. night?? :huh
IF.. and I do mean thats very iffy.. We can get into town and to our room with time to get there, we might head out on Fri.

Is there any Sat night racing anyhere close by??

jmccary
08-15-2006, 10:12 AM
They have a schedule online at www.rmrracing.com and it's good to check it out because they don't race every wed. For example, this wed is off and the race is on Friday night. It is in conjunction with the bikes so it makes for a little bit longer night, but you still get the same amount of track time in. It's a lot of fun. The track is easy to get to. You take I80 west out of SLC past the airport. Exit on 5600 S. and head south. You'll see the signs when you get off the interstate (I believe). You'll make another right hand turn in about 4 miles and the track will be down on the left. There's a big oval track and drag strip there so it's impossible to miss.

There is also a race this weekend (Sat and Sun) in Tooele on the big superX track there. I want to hit that one, however, I can't make all 3 days of racing this weekend. I'm just planning to do the Fri night race. I think that the Tooele race is part of the BITD series but I am not sure. They usually have a big turnout for the bikes and the atv's can be hit or miss. They've had good pro atv gates in the past.

Hope this helps.

QuadJunkies
08-15-2006, 10:15 AM
I guess I didnt read the line up that well... :p thats just so weird seeing a race on a Wed.
Ill see what I can do,when I get to my room Ill log on and read the directions

Did I read the Wild West Series will be in town this wk end as well..??

Im familiar with that series, they come here as well. I heard not too many quads were doing that though. I know some Idaho riders that are thinking of hitting that series next spring.

QuadJunkies
08-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Well, we managed to find 2 out of 3 of the tracks we was going to check out. The ArenaX one wedid notfind, theres alot of constuction going on,Exits are abit dif. than on the maps and we simply ran out of time...Canyoy tell me, is this CLOSE to RM raceway? We was todl that they are and we prol. just didnt go far enough. We turned around by some Industrial site about 10 miles up the road(West) The one ar RM looks abit small but I REALLY like the one off the Willard exit:D Thats a SWEET track and especially for a mini!! I talked to the Presidents wife a bit today, I was not aware it was part ofa club, but we would like to run a few there next season. I shot a few pics while I was there.

Do any of you race that track? Heck, I may race that one
Wish I had time this trip to meet some of the Quad riders.
I tried to pull up a link for this track but it didint work.. I think she said it was OCA?

http://i.pbase.com/o4/26/660826/1/65557424.ez4LuUkk.SLC2.jpg