PDA

View Full Version : Advantage REV MAX CDI

Byte
07-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Advantage REV MAX CDI

I know the curve setting adjust the timing. Could someone tell me what curve 1 thru curve 3 does? I have a 9 way and no directions.

I.E. Curve 1 is for low end increase and curve 3 would be for top end. I have no idea...

I know about the RPM increases, I'm wondering about the 1-3 curve settings in each RPM.

Byte
07-12-2006, 07:36 AM
I think many CDI's with 9 way selections have the same options. Anyone know what the deal is?

Colby@C&DRacing
07-12-2006, 09:13 AM
There is three different curves each has three different rev limiter setting.

Byte
07-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
There is three different curves each has three different rev limiter setting.

Colby,

I get that.

I'm wondering what the heck the three different curves do. I don't have any info sheet and I'm sure its common with these types of 9 ways. I just don't know right now.

Byte
07-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Picture. The RPM increase is obvious, but what are the curves about. I know they adjusts timing, but to what effect or degree?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/racerboi837/revmaxcdi.jpg

striker1001
07-12-2006, 06:15 PM
i myself would like to know a swell. I myself have one and would like to know each curve

Byte
07-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by striker1001
i myself would like to know a swell. I myself have one and would like to know each curve

I'm beginning to think nobody knows...

I need a dealer account to ask the manufacturer a question. BS.

GPracer2500
07-15-2006, 09:44 AM
Unless you can find someone who has already done the testing; you might have to pony-up for some dyno time to determine which ignition curve offers the best performance with your settup.

This is a different ignition on a different bike, but I post it just to give you a sense of what kind of difference the ignition curves are likely to make.

http://www.rockinhorseweb.com/Dyna_Curves_Compared.jpg

If dyno time is not an option, then your best bet is to test each curve on your own. Maybe the best way to do it would be to set up a long straight with start and finish markers. Have someone time you doing a fourth gear roll-on between the markers. Take extra care to be as consistent as possible (everything--entry speed, engine temp, body position, etc.). If there is a significant difference between the three curves then one of them will emerge as being faster than the rest.

good luck!

xxnightraven73x
07-16-2006, 06:16 AM
well i believe in each of your rev.limmiter choices on it you can choose between low end power mid range and top end timing curves and it increases the rev with your choices as you step it up to 1000 over rev. or to 2000 over rev. im pretty sure thats what youll find to be true

Byte
07-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
Unless you can find someone who has already done the testing; you might have to pony-up for some dyno time to determine which ignition curve offers the best performance with your settup.

This is a different ignition on a different bike, but I post it just to give you a sense of what kind of difference the ignition curves are likely to make.

http://www.rockinhorseweb.com/Dyna_Curves_Compared.jpg

If dyno time is not an option, then your best bet is to test each curve on your own. Maybe the best way to do it would be to set up a long straight with start and finish markers. Have someone time you doing a fourth gear roll-on between the markers. Take extra care to be as consistent as possible (everything--entry speed, engine temp, body position, etc.). If there is a significant difference between the three curves then one of them will emerge as being faster than the rest.

good luck!

Thanks! Great post.

Byte
07-16-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by xxnightraven73x
well i believe in each of your rev.limmiter choices on it you can choose between low end power mid range and top end timing curves and it increases the rev with your choices as you step it up to 1000 over rev. or to 2000 over rev. im pretty sure thats what youll find to be true

I'm pretty sure I already posted that this was apparent.

My question was...

Curve one does = what?
Curve two does = what?
Curve three does = what?

I can assume all day. I guess I'll need some dyno time as mentioned. Its just silly that this is an off the shelf product common with several manufactures/distributors and nobody seems to know the curves.

Weird...