PDA

View Full Version : new to this

jealous1senvyme
07-11-2006, 07:23 AM
whats up everyone ? i just got approved for the loan today and im goin to buy a 2002 400ex tomorrow.... its already jetted, new sprokets, clutch, tires, and a few other small mods. im looking to get a pipe, but not looking to spend an arm and a leg, it also needs the rear brake caliper rebuilt. should i just get a new one instead? well ne help would be great. thanks

ohsobad_chevy
07-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the forum bro. Good to have ya...Tell your friends as well. I would go with the used 400ex. I hope that everything goes good for you and you picked a good quad to start with. I think the 400ex will please you. Congrats. Anytime you have any questions, or you just wanna shoot the shiit, git r done. :D

bwamos
07-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by jealous1senvyme
whats up everyone ? i just got approved for the loan today and im goin to buy a 2002 400ex tomorrow.... its already jetted, new sprokets, clutch, tires, and a few other small mods. im looking to get a pipe, but not looking to spend an arm and a leg, it also needs the rear brake caliper rebuilt. should i just get a new one instead? well ne help would be great. thanks

Buy a service manual.

I'd just get a rebuild kit. Brakes are pretty easy to rebuild if you follow the directions.

As far as the pipe goes.. depending on your dB restrictions, you may want to look at an HMF slip-on. They are a great pipe for the 400's. You can always upgrade the header later on if you decide to.

Not sure if you're new to ATVing or not, but just incase you are:
Remember ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS wear you helmet. I'd also highly reccomend a pair of riding boots. A bit pricey.. but much cheaper than a broken ankle, foot, or lower leg. ;) Your, first purchase if you havent yet.. should be a good helmet, boots, and a good pair of gloves. Make sure they are true riding gloves, the fingers should curl and not be straight. Straight fingered gloves bunch up and will give you blisters.

jealous1senvyme
07-11-2006, 09:46 AM
hey thanks alot guys.... im not new 2 atv'ing, i've had several bikes in the past, but when i moved to the city i had to get rid of my 96 blaster becuz there was no place to ride. i appriciate everyone being so kewl though. N e way, get at me cuz im new to the whole forum scene, and i could use a few more pointers considering i've never had 4 stroke sport bike. well thanks fellas, im always up for bull####ing too, so feel free to stop by and leave me something..... pz