PDA

View Full Version : need some advice

trick250r
07-11-2006, 07:04 AM
well here we go... when i bought this 450r this spring, my local honda shop said, "well throw in a first service for free" (change oil, check valves, change plug, ect...) i change my oil after every race anyway so i figured that it woldnt be a bad idea. so i took it in for its first service and didnt get it back for two weeks, yes two weeks. (this shop had 1 quad in the garage and said they werent expecting any more for a couple of days) i go to a race, come home, and wash it like i always do. so i go to change my oil, everythings up to par. after i wash it i check all the nuts and bolts i can see, so i start on top. handle bars, levers, throttle... all fine. i get to my gas tank, you know where the front fenders bolt on to it, and these were loose. so i go to tighten them up and they just turn and turn. so, with the top bolts being stripped out, i checked all of the other front fender bolts. all the same, stripped. i know its no big deal that my fenders wont come off, but if this guy was in my engine and did stuff like this... :eek2: sorry for the long post, but what would you guys do?

Mx_523
07-11-2006, 07:22 AM
Bring it back to the dealer and be like look what you did! Then take a 07 450r off the show room floor and ride it home.

But seriously thats ****ed up. See what the dealer has to say about it.

07-11-2006, 07:50 AM
tell em it screwed up your plans or something, try them make them fell bad like they should! if they strip bolts, they should clean out the threads and replace them!

thats awful take the black flamed '07!

trick250r
07-11-2006, 08:06 AM
haha, yea that would be sick if they just handed over a new one :devil: but since that'll never happen, im on my way over there now.

07-11-2006, 08:29 AM
yeah i would just go to the dealer and tell them exactly what you posted ^^

NorCalRacer
07-11-2006, 08:43 AM
That mechanic's not very bright if he didn't figure it out after the first bolt:rolleyes: Good luck man