PDA

View Full Version : Street Bike Blinker Help...

drifterx
07-10-2006, 11:15 PM
I doubt anybody can help me with this, but i bought a new set of front and back universal blinkers for my 04 Honda 599 the other day. Both sets have a positive and negative, but my stock blinkers have a positive, negative, and some other wire i have no clue what it is. I'm assuming it makes it blink. I played around touching wires (pos to pos, neg to neg), and it lights up, but does not blink when i put the blinkers on. Actually ended up blowing a fuse too, yank yank. Any clue what i'm suppose to do here? Thanks!

milehigh450r
07-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Could be a ground wire. Might have to bolt it to a part of the frame. I'm not sure, but give it a shot. Ride safe, I have an F4i, more fun than the quads. :devil:

DieselBoy
07-10-2006, 11:58 PM
the third wire might be for tail...

zedicus00
07-11-2006, 05:58 AM
its a running light wire. the cheep aftermarket blinkers u bought dont have a running light filament. hook the third wire to positive, neg to neg and leave the main positive wire out.

duke416ex
07-11-2006, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by zedicus00
its a running light wire. the cheep aftermarket blinkers u bought dont have a running light filament. hook the third wire to positive, neg to neg and leave the main positive wire out.

He's right. Most modern street bikes have running lights that keep the front blinkers and headlight on all the time. The 600 or the 750 Suzuki I have now didn't have them. I rigged it up on my 600 just for a little more safety at night. If you look again where you bought the lights they probably have like a front and a rear set or can order a set that will have a dual philament bulb to run all the time.

brian350rx
07-11-2006, 07:06 AM
try hooking up both sides then see if they work
mine stay on all the time and when we hooked them up both sides had to be hooked up before they would blink
good luck

drifterx
07-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Ya, the stockers were running lights too. I like the ones i bought, they were cheaper, but they are led's, and are quite nice. I'll go play around with it some more, and leave the running light wire out. Thanks guys!

Iliketogofast
07-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Did you replace the blinker fluid and bleed the lines after you installed the new lights? That could be the problem.

drifterx
07-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
Did you replace the blinker fluid and bleed the lines after you installed the new lights? That could be the problem.

Yup, used fully synthetic stuff too, and bled them 3 times. ;) :p I actually got the front ones done, and the back ones are next in about 10 minutes. :macho

DieselBoy
07-11-2006, 09:10 PM
That's what I meant by "tail"... running lights.