PDA

View Full Version : raptor exhaust on warrior

stang65pony
07-10-2006, 10:25 PM
we got bored in my garage and decided to take my stock 660 raptor's exhaust from my 05 and put it on my friends 86 warrior 350. fits good after some cutting and welding but my question is will it help it or hurt it? just curious what u all think. it was fun none the less though.

firefighterjosh
07-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Prabably help. I think a stock raptor exhaulst is larger then a warrior.

400exstud
07-11-2006, 09:24 AM
How did you get it to fit? The raptor has two exhaust ports and the warrior only has one.

I think that it would hurt it. It isn't like the guys at yami don't do their homework.:rolleyes:

stang65pony
07-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud
How did you get it to fit? The raptor has two exhaust ports and the warrior only has one.

I think that it would hurt it. It isn't like the guys at yami don't do their homework.:rolleyes:

i understand that they have done extensive research to get the bikes to perform the best and stuff but we were bored and i had the pipe laying around, what i did was use his header (single pipe) and used his old exhaust's flange to mount it to the header, used my torch to do some bends and made some pie cuts in some areas, cut off old brackets, welded up a new bracket and the pie cuts, and there ya have it. now i need to clean up my welds, clean up the old bracket areas, im having another friend powdercoat the header and extension pipe and i will re-paint the muffler, will post pics when done.

xtullyx16
07-11-2006, 04:31 PM
hows she work?? better?

stang65pony
07-11-2006, 05:52 PM
dont know yet, he has taken apart some of the engine stuff right now, he has to switch cases on his engine due to a gay chain guard area. what sort of mods would be good for this thing? he has a lot of trouble keepin up with my 660 raptor and i sometimes feel bad, no, no i dont lol. it just sucks having to wait for him lol.

RiderTRX400ex
07-11-2006, 08:24 PM
could cam it, but i dont think there is much u can do about a warrior to make it even think about keepin up to a raptor.. without spending some CASH. i could be wrong though..

idontknowwhoiam
07-11-2006, 08:56 PM
i ride with a few warriors and they keep up with my 400 on the road