PDA

View Full Version : Small Wheelie Vids - 450r

ghott
07-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Here are some wheelies I did yesterday. Finally taught myself to shift while in a wheelie...so still practicing that :)...

The second 2 videos are not as great as I wasn't able to stay on the asphault.

(Right Click...Save Target As...)

http://webpages.shepherd.edu/ghott01/1.mpg
http://webpages.shepherd.edu/ghott01/2.mpg
http://webpages.shepherd.edu/ghott01/3.mpg

Let me know what ya think...

jd450
07-10-2006, 08:29 PM
sweet vids man. the first one i was thinking daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, that quad held straight as hell up that long driveway!!! niiiiiiiice. haha, and in the last vid.....it looked like ''ride accross america'' in the background, hahaha. cool vids though dude.

chpsk8er630
07-10-2006, 09:01 PM
nice videos, and any tips for shifting in a wheelie cause i havnt got it down yet

sleeper400ex05
07-10-2006, 09:42 PM
yo for sure that was pretty cool....i havent got shifting quite yet

ghott
07-11-2006, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the comments guys...

As for shifting in a wheelie, I just get the quad in its balance point and blip it back just a bit with the throttle, then I let off the gas and shift without the clutch, and it usually starts to fall forward just a bit, but I just use the torque to bring it right back up.

Practice makes perfect I guess..

chpsk8er630
07-11-2006, 11:05 PM
why not use the clutch?

Bighead1
07-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Because there's no time. It's fine to shift without the clutch on wheelies I just wouldn't reccomend it on a regular basis.

ghott
07-13-2006, 03:49 AM
Yeah, its kind of hard to grab the clutch and hold on to the bars at the same time...I'm sure it can be done, but it's a whole lot easier to shift without the clutch while in a wheelie.

jd450
07-13-2006, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by ghott
Yeah, its kind of hard to grab the clutch and hold on to the bars at the same time...I'm sure it can be done, but it's a whole lot easier to shift without the clutch while in a wheelie.

what i do is i keep my index finger, and my middle finger on the clutch and the rest on the bars. give that a try, TRUST ME......its easier.

ghott
07-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by jd450
what i do is i keep my index finger, and my middle finger on the clutch and the rest on the bars. give that a try, TRUST ME......its easier.

I'll have to give that a try...thanks.

whiteflash
07-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by ghott

Let me know what ya think...

I think you should wear a shirt....and about shifting while doing a wheelie. I find it easiest to blip the throttle so i go alittle bit past the balance point then grab the clutch and shift. but you have to be fast becuase once you pull the clutch, the front end will want to come down. The point of blipping the throttle to go past the balance point gives you more time to shift.

idontknowwhoiam
07-17-2006, 05:37 PM
i use my clutch when shifting a wheelie..the faster and higher a gear you go its easier to loop out backwords cuz u have way less engine wantin to pull ur front end down when u get off the gas...jus keep that in mind when ur gettin into 3rd,4th,er 5th..thats a nice clip to man