PDA

View Full Version : Adapt racing graphics

trx400exxracer
07-10-2006, 07:31 PM
well guys i am getting the DeRisi replica graphics and i just wanted to get your opinions on how these blue and white graphics will look on a black 450r

here are the graphics on DeRisi's white 2005 quad

trx400exxracer
07-10-2006, 08:20 PM
bump:D

XCpred
07-10-2006, 08:55 PM
That would look sick on the black.

trx400exxracer
07-10-2006, 09:21 PM
i hope they do i am getting the seat cover too

XCpred
07-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Yeah that will look real good.

quadwunner
07-11-2006, 12:12 PM
I know something with those on a black 450r, and they look great!

07-11-2006, 12:27 PM
they will look good, but id stay away from the seat cover if i was you, i had one like it with the vynal sides, they rip really easy and cause the whole seat to go, id check into the n-style full gripper seemless, it has held up great for me

trx400exxracer
07-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
they will look good, but id stay away from the seat cover if i was you, i had one like it with the vynal sides, they rip really easy and cause the whole seat to go, id check into the n-style full gripper seemless, it has held up great for me

ohh well i am getting a real good deal on this and if the seat cover goes i will either get that kind cause my bro has the one you are talking about or i will just talk to the do that is getting them for me to get me a new one or something but i am getting a good deal on them so you know

07-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
ohh well i am getting a real good deal on this and if the seat cover goes i will either get that kind cause my bro has the one you are talking about or i will just talk to the do that is getting them for me to get me a new one or something but i am getting a good deal on them so you know

ya i know what you mean, just thought id let you kno that it will probably be torn in 6 months or less, mine ripped in 2 months, so i dunno, you might not want to get it on perfectly tight, give it some room to flex maybe? when mine got cold it made the vynal all hard and crack

trx400exxracer
07-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
ya i know what you mean, just thought id let you kno that it will probably be torn in 6 months or less, mine ripped in 2 months, so i dunno, you might not want to get it on perfectly tight, give it some room to flex maybe? when mine got cold it made the vynal all hard and crack

all right thanks for the info i will tell the upholstery man that when he puts it on for me

sunco
07-12-2006, 04:34 AM
I have adapt graphics on mine. I did followed the instructions. Took off my tank - gas out let dry & I gotta tell ya. The 1st time out the 2 little front corner pcs came off the tank. 2 nd ride the bottom of the tank area started to peel up ( the slots in the tank sticker helped the edges to lift & my knees rubbing didn't help either but thats not the point. That stuff should stick. more spots are peeling etc.... The seat cover & the nose peice are the only things that I like. If I had to do over I wouldn't waste $130 bucks & my time on the stickers - I'd do a stabilizer etc...
Good luck - Hope yours works out better than mine.

trx400exxracer
07-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by sunco
I have adapt graphics on mine. I did followed the instructions. Took off my tank - gas out let dry & I gotta tell ya. The 1st time out the 2 little front corner pcs came off the tank. 2 nd ride the bottom of the tank area started to peel up ( the slots in the tank sticker helped the edges to lift & my knees rubbing didn't help either but thats not the point. That stuff should stick. more spots are peeling etc.... The seat cover & the nose peice are the only things that I like. If I had to do over I wouldn't waste $130 bucks & my time on the stickers - I'd do a stabilizer etc...

well i allready got a stabilizer and suspension and i am getting a deal on the graphics and seat cover and he is putting them on for me so i figure what the heck:eek:

07-12-2006, 11:43 AM

did you use a hair dryer on it after you put them on?

sunco
07-13-2006, 04:01 AM
No hair dryer. Why? Do you think that melts the glue onto the plastic?

07-13-2006, 11:31 AM
No hair dryer. Why? Do you think that melts the glue onto the plastic?

no, it causes the sticky stuff on the sticker to get more and more active, its like compairing tape with elmers glue, when you first put the sticker on its like tape, if you use a hair dryer its like glueing it on, it makes it stay on better

sunco
07-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Interesting - To late for me now. I'll kept the thought. Thanx

Brad77
07-20-2006, 07:50 AM
I think those graphics are going to look really good on the black plastic. Looking forward to seeing it when its done.