PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar axle brakes?

korniev
07-10-2006, 06:44 AM
So 2 days ago I went to the shop of this guy who sells ATV parts. I told him I wanted to buy a LSR axle and also told him about everything I read on this site about how good this axle was. He told me it will brake for sure and tried to convince me to buy an RPM dominator which he said was the best and he said the price of it was like 900$. I told him he was crazy and the maximum price of it was 500$.
Does LSR really bakes? I doubt it!

Phills450r
07-10-2006, 08:06 AM
ummm doesnt the lsr axle have a lifetime warrenty

ohsobad_chevy
07-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by korniev
So 2 days ago I went to the shop of this guy who sells ATV parts. I told him I wanted to buy a LSR axle and also told him about everything I read on this site about how good this axle was. He told me it will brake for sure and tried to convince me to buy an RPM dominator which he said was the best and he said the price of it was like 900$. I told him he was crazy and the maximum price of it was 500$.
Does LSR really bakes? I doubt it!

Lonestar axles have a lifetime warranty and that guy is blowing smoke up your arse!! LSR is the way to go, very good product.

JW450R1
07-10-2006, 09:47 AM
from what i know i think and hear rpm is a better axle

400exrider707
07-10-2006, 10:24 AM
RPM seems to be a hair better, but LSR is still a very good high quality axle and you shouldn't have a problem with it at all, but if you do they do offer a lifetime warranty so no worries.

ohsobad_chevy
07-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Talked to some of the racers locally, they said the RPM axles are known for being weaker, but who knows. Either way you go, you wont be dissapointed. :D

JW450R1
07-10-2006, 11:01 AM
i have a dura-blue.from what people tell me there junk.knock on wood it hasn't broken yet.read the fine print on all the lifetime warrentys.

Nick110
07-10-2006, 11:24 AM
All axles will break if put under the right condition. LSR and RPM are so close you wouldnt be able to call it. DuraBlue is a little behind and tend to break more often, same with G force. I think the best axle is the TEAM axle. Strong, comes with wheel hubs, and a warrenty.

If I were you I would look at LSR, RPM or Team all are very good, strong, and warrentied axles.

As far as the RPM being 900 dollars. BS The LSR, RPM, and TEAM are all aroudn the same price, with the exception of the TEAM if you opt to get the wheel hubs.

The only 900 dollar axle I know of is McNett performance. He is a local welder and sponsors Matt White (pro) He told me his axle was 900.

Hope this Helps

07-10-2006, 11:59 AM
i have a lonestar axle on my 450 right now and its bent...and im only 125lbs so i dont understand how i bent my lonestar, and stock axle and on my blaster bent the stock and snapped a hollywood racing axle in half. and my brother has broke a couple durablues so next axle i get is either team or rpm

ohsobad_chevy
07-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by D6MX450R
i have a lonestar axle on my 450 right now and its bent...and im only 125lbs so i dont understand how i bent my lonestar, and stock axle and on my blaster bent the stock and snapped a hollywood racing axle in half. and my brother has broke a couple durablues so next axle i get is either team or rpm
Sounds like your a damn bull in a china cabinet... LOL...j/k
LSR has lifetime warranty bro!! :cool:

07-10-2006, 07:53 PM
haha...i didnt buy it new though...it was riden with 1 time then the gy parted his quad out and it was completely straight when i got it

ohsobad_chevy
07-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by D6MX450R
haha...i didnt buy it new though...it was riden with 1 time then the gy parted his quad out and it was completely straight when i got it
Well Shiit!!:p