PDA

View Full Version : Handle Bars

firefighterjosh
07-10-2006, 02:51 AM
I have a 02 416ex. I bought it with Elka/arens Long travel. It has a +1 Stem and Tag Bars (not sure the bend) Well I am used to riding my banshee with a +1 stem and CR High Bend bars. It feels like I am riding a chopper. That is how I want my 400 set up. I want the chopper feel but I don't want to spend money on a new stem. I have adjusted the bar up, but now they have too much of a angle up bend were the grips are. I am not sure what kind of bars to buy. I think if the bars were raised about 1 inch and set foward another inch. I would be more confortable. I feel like I have too much bend in my elbows and I get just as bad arm pump as I did with the banshee if not worse. I bought this quad cuz I thought I could ride it longer when racing XC.

Thanks

ohsobad_chevy
07-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I have a 02 416ex. I bought it with Elka/arens Long travel. It has a +1 Stem and Tag Bars (not sure the bend) Well I am used to riding my banshee with a +1 stem and CR High Bend bars. It feels like I am riding a chopper. That is how I want my 400 set up. I want the chopper feel but I don't want to spend money on a new stem. I have adjusted the bar up, but now they have too much of a angle up bend were the grips are. I am not sure what kind of bars to buy. I think if the bars were raised about 1 inch and set foward another inch. I would be more confortable. I feel like I have too much bend in my elbows and I get just as bad arm pump as I did with the banshee if not worse. I bought this quad cuz I thought I could ride it longer when racing XC.

Thanks

Might try the: "ATV high bend" I don't think they are the CR style though. Take some measurements of your current bend and then compare them to the other bars. Renthal and TAG make good bars.

TRX23rider
07-10-2006, 09:27 AM
you might want to look in to rox risers. they allow you to adjust the position of the bars.

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=254

juanki
07-10-2006, 09:59 AM
yeah, go with the raisers, they fit great.

Dave400ex
07-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Just ride the thing! :blah:

firefighterjosh
07-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Just ride the thing! :blah:

Shut Up:blah: I don't undertsand how u rode it like that. Thanks FOr the advice everyone I will have to do some measuring when I get time.

Dave by the way I almost have all the trails cleared.

Dave400ex
07-11-2006, 03:26 PM
I don't know if you know or not, but the last 2 races at Baer Field have been cancelled. The next race isn't until the end of August now.

firefighterjosh
07-11-2006, 07:38 PM
WHAT!!! Why have they been cancled? the track wasn't the best but I was going to race the Shee since it is so open.

Dave400ex
07-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Because they were unable to get the woods from the airport.