PDA

View Full Version : bent swingarm fix?

quader400
07-10-2006, 12:04 AM
so i just bought a 310r and a few things were bent. the frame axle and swingarm, i got it with a new frame and just put everything thing onto the new frame so thats set and just ordered a new axle so thats set but i was wondering if i could take the swing arm off and put the front in a vise and put a huge pipe through the bearing carrier heat it up and bend it back? what do you think? it just barly tweaked but enought that i want it fixed you can see in the picture how it tilts my quad to the right because of the bend. thanks for any comments or helptilted to the right (http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19001353873.jpg&s=f10)

quader400
07-10-2006, 12:05 AM
in the pic the gas tank is not mounted so it looks worse than it acutally is

jrspawn
07-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Hey, i wouldnt try bending anything back, normally it causes more stress or cracks it. Which is not good. You should NEVER be bending any part of the chasis. I would recomend just buying another used swingarm, you could probably find a stock one very cheap on here. Would be alot safer.

firefighterjosh
07-10-2006, 12:57 AM
sounds like a nice quad I wouldn't bend it back. It would suck if the swingarm took a crap on you and you ended up wrecking. Also you will never get it perfect again it might wear out bearings prematurely.