PDA

View Full Version : re-chroming?

yteka99
07-09-2006, 07:52 PM
My muffler is kind of rusty. Is it possible to re-chrome it? Could i just spray it with spray paint? By the way, here is a picture so you can see what im talking about, but its kindof had to see, its the pipe leading from the engine to the muffler itself.http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/yteka99/?action=view&current=19bd0480.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

exrider7510
07-13-2006, 10:54 PM
dont rechrome it will cost a good amount of money trust me i kno my dad is in the metal finsihing industry. instead take off the header, sand it, then get some high heat black grill spray paint and hit your header with a couple coats of it. It will resist rust and heat and will look decent. not to metion a it will cost a lot cheaper then getting it rechromed:D

bsjoe
07-13-2006, 11:13 PM
I glanced over prices for chroming.

Its hard to get a price because they dont just say X amount of dollars for every square inch, but a sprocket is 75 dollars to chrome...

I say the surface area on your pipe is atleast 5 times the surface area of the sprocket and thats already up to 375 dollars. I'd rather just buy a full new exhuast system for that quad instead of trying to chrome an old part.