PDA

View Full Version : LA sleeve?

TheFontMaster
07-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Since I'm doing a total rebuild on the motor, and a big bore top end is out of my price range I want to look into the LA sleeve 300 kit. Does anyone have thier web site? I know there was a service rep or someone on here a while ago from LA sleeve, is he still around? I wanna find a price too for the kit. I can do all the work on it, taking out the old sleeve. I know where I can get all that work done for free, so for me it would be easier, cheaper and faster than sending out my cylinder.

C-LEIGH RACING
07-10-2006, 11:09 PM
You wanting to replace the sleeve in your cylinder with a big bore or you looking for a 310 big bore cylinder kit, please explain.

http://www.lasleeve.com

Neil

TheFontMaster
07-10-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm looking for the kit to replace the sleeve with a big bore sleeve, but still keep the stock cylinder itself that I have now.

Eddiesanders250
07-11-2006, 12:19 AM
im looking into doing the same thing. Is the best thing to do send it in to them?

TheFontMaster
07-11-2006, 07:26 AM
I know I will just be buying the parts, and putting them together myself. But I have acces to all the proper tools to do this right. If you don't have the tools, or know of a reputable engine builder I would send your cylinder in to them to do it.

Does anyone know if I can still run my cool head with the 300 re-sleeve?

C-LEIGH RACING
07-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I'm looking for the kit to replace the sleeve with a big bore sleeve, but still keep the stock cylinder itself that I have now.

So all your wanting is a big bore sleeve, piston kit, & gasket set to turn your engine into a 295.
What year cylinder do you have??.

I'm a mini rep for LA Sleeve/Pro-X when we attend local & national race events & a dealer for them as well at my shop.
I do sell parts to some of the guys on a few web sites I go to & offer good prices on them when paid in addvance.
Maybe some of those guys that have delt with me will chime in on this service.
All orders are dropped shipped from the closest supplier.

As far as the cool head you asked about, Prodesign has a cool head for the big bore stock R cylinders & would be the best to get the one that uses o-rings for the head gasket.
Neil