PDA

View Full Version : I also have a problem with Maier!!!

Sjorge450R
07-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Well, I need new fenders for my 300ex since I lost the fronts at my last race, so I ordered some OEM styler fronts and OEM style rears. Well it got here while I was on vaction and when I got back I was very happy with them. So this morning I tried to mount them. Got the rears on and they look amazing. Tried putting the fronts on, when I realized that the right fender is TWEAKED!!! It has a bend about two inches higher than the left!!! so now here is my delema. I have a race in two weeks. I am going to call both Motosport and Maier tomorow and try to talk them into sending out a new piece while I send the old stuff out. Do you guys think that in all of this that I will get everything back in time for July 23rd??? If not, I will be racing with no front plastic. Just trying to blow some steam, feel free to say what ever you want. I think that this is Motosports problem because the box that they sent it in was really small for it and I think after being in there for almost two weeks messes it up.

Steve

coryatver
07-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Just call motosport and let them no the situation. I think they ship everything 2nd day so you should be good.

07-09-2006, 11:41 AM
my plastics are tweaked also, the left is lower then the right

just bend it back, its the shippers fault

Sjorge450R
07-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
my plastics are tweaked also, the left is lower then the right

just bend it back, its the shippers fault

its not that it can be bent back. its wierd, if I bend it down to make it fit on the mounts, it doesnt fit the rear mounts. I just payed $200 for these fenders and they shouldnt be bent.

Oh and Motosport only second days things in regular sized boxes.

DieselBoy
07-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Tell you what. Tell them to ship them to you express mail, it will come alot faster.

Was the plastic mold screwed up causing it to be like it is?

Sjorge450R
07-09-2006, 07:06 PM
i think that it was the way Motosport put it in the box. Since I wrote this, I decided to go ahead and mount them up and after you tighten everthing down, its looks fine. just was a PITA to get it all on. I really dont like the way it mounts compared to the stock plastic.