PDA

View Full Version : houser or epic?

ranger400ex1994
07-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Well i smacked a tree yesturday with my 450r and broke the left side upper and lower arms. I can get a good price on standered travel houser +2 and epic +2 a-arms. the houser are about $100.00 more. which should i get. i mostly MX race and trail ride.

procircuit406ex
07-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Houser

figair
07-09-2006, 11:31 AM
houser

calds650
07-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Houser has better support Epic has none. If you have trouble with Epic you are stuck with it.

Chango
07-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by calds650
Houser has better support Epic has none. If you have trouble with Epic you are stuck with it. That's no joke

04TRX400EX
07-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Yeah definitely go Houser. Didn't someone post something on here a little while back about Epic going out of business?

KfxFan
08-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure that Epic is not out of business. But, let me tell you about my experience with them. I purchased +2 std travel for my KFX400 and had nothing but problems with them. First, GoldenWest sent me a total of 4 set's of king pins and they still never fit right. Next, I had to bend the tabs on my frame to get them on my bike. But what finally stopped the installation completely was when I tried to reinstall my shocks--they would not fit the arms. I tried sanding off the powdercoat and bending the tab, but the shock just wedged in tight but wouldn't fit. I sent them back to G.W. and was told that they fit their jig just fine, and that they'd be happy to send the same arms back to me. To avoid a messy attempt to recover my money w/o a restock fee, I ended up upgrading to Laeger's. G.W. did at least give me a very good deal on them, but I wasn't ready to spend that much money on suspension right now. Anyway, the Laeger's are great--I'd stay away from the Epics.

KfxFan
08-27-2006, 10:53 PM
One more thing. I'm not the only one to have the problem with the arms fitting in my frame. There was a similar post on "TRX450r.org". the guy had to bend his frame too then later had to replace the sleaves b/c of the pressure on them. He says he'll just buy new arms why they go bad again.

jal232
08-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by KfxFan
Well, I'm pretty sure that Epic is not out of business. But, let me tell you about my experience with them. I purchased +2 std travel for my KFX400 and had nothing but problems with them. First, GoldenWest sent me a total of 4 set's of king pins and they still never fit right. Next, I had to bend the tabs on my frame to get them on my bike. But what finally stopped the installation completely was when I tried to reinstall my shocks--they would not fit the arms. I tried sanding off the powdercoat and bending the tab, but the shock just wedged in tight but wouldn't fit. I sent them back to G.W. and was told that they fit their jig just fine, and that they'd be happy to send the same arms back to me. To avoid a messy attempt to recover my money w/o a restock fee, I ended up upgrading to Laeger's. G.W. did at least give me a very good deal on them, but I wasn't ready to spend that much money on suspension right now. Anyway, the Laeger's are great--I'd stay away from the Epics.

EXACTLY SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME ON A RAPTOR 04 !! Exact same thing...Identical..Epic sucks...They told me the same thing..It fits our jig