PDA

View Full Version : who here is a dodge cummins fan

2004400exa
02-16-2006, 03:59 PM
me my opinion is i think ford sucks dogde cummin all the way lol and have any dodges they can post on here

2004400exa
02-16-2006, 04:03 PM
heres a nice pic i find ...long llive the cumminshttp://

4TraxRider
02-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Dodget for life. Next truck is a cummins, drive a modded 5.9 right now though. Maby next year.

02-16-2006, 04:20 PM
The cummins is a great motor. The problem is the tranny and the rest of the truck in general is a PIECE OF S**T. Dodge has really went downhill since 92. Not trying to knock you ram owners, its just the truth and anybody knowledgable about trucks knows it.

bens250ex
02-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by ACEOUTDOOR
The cummins is a great motor. The problem is the tranny and the rest of the truck in general is a PIECE OF S**T. Dodge has really went downhill since 92. Not trying to knock you ram owners, its just the truth and anybody knowledgable about trucks knows it.

you hit it perfect. the CUMMINS is a great motor but look what they put it in. but dont rag on fords cause the 7.3 is a good motor too. the cummins and the ford are the best two. i would buy the cummins if it was in a ford but since they stuck it in a dodge hell no. but their is a kit out their were you can put a cummins in a ford. which might be on my list once i get going along with college and such.

Smokin 440
02-16-2006, 05:51 PM
I believe Ford owns a decent percentage of Cummins, but it could just be rumor... Personally i have an 01' F-150 7700 (HD F-150) and I also have a nice little Cummins 4 cyl TD sitting around (on a ford 4spd tranny) I wonder where that little motor is gonna end up...

Titanium
02-16-2006, 05:54 PM
I are a fan

Hon300ex
02-16-2006, 05:54 PM
ford seems cheap on the unimportant things but they know how to make the truck work properly. dodge seems cheaper on everything. i do like dodge more however

MXRACER86
02-16-2006, 05:55 PM
My dads dodge cummins was awesome except for the transmission and brakes!

ShiftFMX
02-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Smokin 440
I believe Ford owns a decent percentage of Cummins, but it could just be rumor... Personally i have an 01' F-150 7700 (HD F-150) and I also have a nice little Cummins 4 cyl TD sitting around (on a ford 4spd tranny) I wonder where that little motor is gonna end up...

You like your 7700?? I have a 250LD and I Love it!!!

Dan_Guetter
02-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Im a BIG dodge cummins fan,

I have like 2 posters in my room, and a cummins bed sheets....and oh yea, i have the ****ing engine block plated in gold on my dresser....

What the hell is going on tonight

harescrambles
02-16-2006, 07:07 PM
my 02 :D

Mxjunkie
02-16-2006, 07:26 PM
One came into work today, 500 horse power and blew black smoke like a mofo... I as in love :)

Smokin 440
02-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
You like your 7700?? I have a 250LD and I Love it!!!

Yeah I love it, I love the fact that i can beat the living piss out of it and know HD compenents are backin me up, ride height is better, and the load carrying capabilities are much better than a normal half ton... Cummins power in a half ton would just be that much better, and unique at that...

Derag2
02-17-2006, 11:20 AM
just for the record ford has NO,ZERO,ZIP NADDA stock in Cummins..... Cummins is a good engine but the dodge around it is junk if dodge didn't have the cummins they wouldn't sell to many trucks..... The 7.3 powerstroke is a great engine and so in the 6.0 is you get a good one, i personally wouldn't own a 6.0 But i do own a 7.3 and i love it.....

the website for putting cummins in aford is cumminsford.com or fordcummins.com one of those two i don't remember...

Stevie-D
02-17-2006, 03:29 PM
there is a guy around here that is supposedly cramming a cummins into an "01 dakota:devil: haven't seen it yet. the frame is supposed to be beefed up....dont know about differentials yet:confused:
i'll believe it when i see it:p

Derag2
02-17-2006, 04:25 PM
tell him to ask gale banks how to do it, he did one so beat the land speed record for diesels..... All i gotta say is its gonna cost more money than its worth..... nothing on a dakota will handle a cummins.

440racer66
02-17-2006, 04:48 PM
DODGE tha best truck in the world

RH1N08d9
02-17-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm hoping ford will offer the option of a cummins in hd trucks in the next couple of years. Has anyone heard abaout them having the option or CAT, powerstroke, and cummins in the 1 tons for 08 I think?

underpowered
02-17-2006, 05:26 PM
i like the cummins, just not the dodge. I would love to have a good cummins in a chevy frame. the rest of teh dodge driveline just cant handle the cummins. they were the Only truck to break at the local truck pulls this past year. They had 3 dangle downs, 2 rear ends, and one tranny blow all on dodges. But the engine cant beat em IMO. I want one, but in a different chassis.

PYCHOPATHIC KFX
02-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Dodge and Ford do make real nice diesel pickups but personally i am a DURAMAX fan. Has anyone seen the 2500ft pound/torque banks drag truck in DIESEL POWER? That truck is insane!

sarah_mx07
02-17-2006, 06:35 PM
dodge cummins is a bad *** truck.. very nice. my ex boyfriend had one, i got to drive it.. it wasn't that bad...

EX400rider
02-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Yea i have a dodge ram HEMI and it hauls ***!!

MXRACER86
02-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by EX400rider

a hemi? the only thing a hemi can haul is an a s s! lol, Diesel Power Baby!

bulkdriverlp
02-17-2006, 10:31 PM
cummins is a good motor for sure, they just put it in a crappy truck

02-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
cummins is a good motor for sure, they just put it in a crappy truck

A very crappy truck. I have looked at 02 and 03's with low miles at auctions and for example opened the ashtray or glovebox and half of the dash fell apart. NO JOKE Chrysler has really slid down the hill quality wise. They have ram trucks come back with less than 10k on them(basically new) with burnt up trannies even on the gas models. Its like you have been in business for over 50 years and you still can't even build a half reliable automatic transmission?? But hey... they got Snoop Dog singin thier praises. LOL

DieselBoy
02-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Yep. The dodge pickup transmissions scare me... My old boss had 2 96 cummins rams and he put transmissions in them religiously.....but on another note they stalled alot when you were idling... I dont know why. But I love the old cummins (24v) sound.

MOFO
02-18-2006, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by EX400rider

You've been watching too many Dodge commercials. Your so called Hemi is WAY overrated.

lonestar13r
02-18-2006, 05:57 AM
Cummins ! you can put a 24v head on a motor that has a 12v head. dodges auto. trannys are deffently junked but there manuals hold up alittle bit better. sweet trucks and powerfull as hell. I'd rather be cummin' then strokin'.
-Ethan

bens250ex
02-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by RH1N08d9
I'm hoping ford will offer the option of a cummins in hd trucks in the next couple of years. Has anyone heard abaout them having the option or CAT, powerstroke, and cummins in the 1 tons for 08 I think?

i dont believe they are going to put a cummins in their. i havent heard many updates besides they are upping it back to 6. somethin not sure yet though. diesels are alot easier to get power out of so any diesel motor u put intake chip exhaust ect and a turbo upgrade will put you around 500hp. now one diesel motor i dont agree with is the duramax. their have been alot of problems with theis motors. and if u are into the loud *** truck it isnt for you. my personal fav is a 1997 f250/350 with the 7.3 as soon as my dad gets another job i will get one. you can get some insane power out of theis. and later down the road it might be sayin cummins on the side :cool: . im a diesel fanatic if u cant tell lol

Pappy
02-18-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
You've been watching too many Dodge commercials. Your so called Hemi is WAY overrated.

I had a hemi, sold it and bought an 05 cummins 6 speed. great truck

02-18-2006, 07:58 AM
Duramax with Allison is the best combo! Want to know why the Duramax is the best, cause it's an Isuzu motor!!!!!!!!!!!

Giz400ex
02-18-2006, 08:05 AM
I am a Cummins fan but for 1 reason only, its a 6 vs an 8! Getting almost the same power out of a 6 than 8 is very impressive. All trucks have there share of problems, its about your liking. But, when I do get a diesel its gonna be a manual trans. Todays auto trannies can't keep up with the power if your doing alot of towing, pushing or just carrying which is what a diesel is designed to do! Manual is the cheapest and safe way to go:D

02-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
I am a Cummins fan but for 1 reason only, its a 6 vs an 8! Getting almost the same power out of a 6 than 8 is very impressive. All trucks have there share of problems, its about your liking. But, when I do get a diesel its gonna be a manual trans. Todays auto trannies can't keep up with the power if your doing alot of towing, pushing or just carrying which is what a diesel is designed to do! Manual is the cheapest and safe way to go:D

I wanted a 5 speed diesel like you until I owned it. I kept it for a year and sold it for an automatic diesel. That maunual(NV4500) was a pain in the A*S. I have driven and owned many manuals but behind that torquey diesel it gets old fast. If you are tired its so much easier to relax with an auto.

MOFO
02-18-2006, 09:09 AM

First, the main reason why the 6 cylinder Cummins gets good power numbers is because it is an INLINE 6. Inline motors always get great torque numbers.

Second, there is an automatic transmission that can handle todays diesels. GM uses 'em... Allison Transmission.

I know a few people with these trucks. They have NOTHING but great things to say about the transmission and power - especially when towing.

Giz400ex
02-18-2006, 09:28 AM
[

Second, there is an automatic transmission that can handle todays diesels. GM uses 'em... Allison Transmission.

[/B] Yes, Allison is well known and a reputable name. But like everything else, nothing is indestructable and problems will occur. To repair a tranny like a Ally will be VERY expensive! When GM introduced the "Max" with the Ally, I got scared of it:eek2: From what I heard from "max" owners, they're a beast but I'm still unsure of them! Just my .02:D

Giz400ex
02-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by ACEOUTDOOR
I wanted a 5 speed diesel like you until I owned it. I kept it for a year and sold it for an automatic diesel. That maunual(NV4500) was a pain in the A*S. I have driven and owned many manuals but behind that torquey diesel it gets old fast. If you are tired its so much easier to relax with an auto. I wouldn't get tired of it. I drive a stick almost everyday and it doesn't matter to me. I actually like it because it keeps me busy and awake:o :D

MOFO
02-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Yes, Allison is well known and a reputable name. But like everything else, nothing is indestructable and problems will occur. To repair a tranny like a Ally will be VERY expensive! When GM introduced the "Max" with the Ally, I got scared of it:eek2: From what I heard from "max" owners, they're a beast but I'm still unsure of them! Just my .02:D

I agree, I would hate to see the repair bill on one!

In stock form, I'm sure the Allison would hold up - however if I were bombing a diesel, I think a manual would be the best route. :cool:

DieselBoy
02-18-2006, 01:33 PM
The duramax is a terrible engine. Stay away from it.

ZSK
02-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Take a cummins hook it up to an allison tranny and drop it into a Ford and you've got the perfect truck.:D

MOFO
02-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
The duramax is a terrible engine. Stay away from it.

LMAO. I've been reading a few of your posts and they crack me up with the BS they are filled with.

This one takes the cake though... :rolleyes:

DieselBoy
02-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Their junk. you obviously don't know what chevy did years ago you

Keep your ignorance to yourself.

You obviously know nothing about diesel engines.

MOFO
02-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Their junk. you obviously don't know what chevy did years ago you

Keep your ignorance to yourself.

You obviously know nothing about diesel engines.

LMFAO!

You made the statement, lets see you back it up. What kind of PERSONAL experience do YOU have with a Duramax engine? What are YOUR qualifications that allow YOU to call this motor junk. Please tell me what they did YEARS AGO????

Lets hear it DieselBOY. I'm sick of little kids that are self proclaimed experts via the internet.

A very close friend of mine has had all 3 trucks (Ford, Dodge and Chevy) with their diesels for his escavation business. He currently has 3 Duramax's (2002, 2003 and a 2005). He has had ZERO problems with all of them. Each one is used on a daily basis hooked up to a trailer pulling equipment to and from jobsites. If you were to ask him, the GM's are the best trucks in his fleet.

My fathers company also has a Duramax that is used to take materials to jobsites (thats ALL it does - nothing else). Currently has 75,000+ miles with ZERO issues.

My old boss just bought one 6 months ago. This thing left the dealer lot with a trailer attached and is used to pull equipment/tools. ZERO problems to date.

DieselBoy
02-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Well then. Yes I have had personal experience with the duramax engine in a white chevy express 6.5 turbo diesel. 1. all the injectors failed twice, injector o-rings, the injector pump went twice, the turbo went, they are an aluminum engine and head leaks like it's nobody's business. The engine's are based upon a 350 Gasoline V8. They were not based on a true diesel engine. Anyone who knows what chevy did 20 years knows what I'm talking about.

I'm not the only one. Chevy extended their 6.6 warrenties because of all the problems with these engines. The cast iron can't handle all the pressure of the high diesel compression. Chevy had one thing in mind: KEEPING IT LIGHT. Hence why they used aluminum. Chevy scared the market away from diesel engines cause they built a piece of junk that was not even an actual diesel engine at all. Don't tell me what I know and don't know. I work on diesels and I own a number of them and I work on them all the time.

So DONT tell me WHAT I know.

DieselBoy
02-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Start acting your age.

I'm sick of little kids that are self proclaimed experts via the internet.

I say the same about you.

DieselBoy
02-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Start ACTING your AGE. :rolleyes:

Hon300ex
02-18-2006, 03:48 PM

the Hemi is deffinately overrated. However, that truck does haul ***. my dad has one so i know what im talkin about. But the new hemi's are nothing like the old ones.

MOFO
02-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Well then. Yes I have had personal experience with the duramax engine in a white chevy express 6.5 turbo diesel. 1. all the injectors failed twice, injector o-rings, the injector pump went twice, the turbo went, they are an aluminum engine and head leaks like it's nobody's business. The engine's are based upon a 350 Gasoline V8. They were not based on a true diesel engine. Anyone who knows what chevy did 20 years knows what I'm talking about.

I'm not the only one. Chevy extended their 6.6 warrenties because of all the problems with these engines. The cast iron can't handle all the pressure of the high diesel compression. Chevy had one thing in mind: KEEPING IT LIGHT. Hence why they used aluminum. Chevy scared the market away from diesel engines cause they built a piece of junk that was not even an actual diesel engine at all. Don't tell me what I know and don't know. I work on diesels and I own a number of them and I work on them all the time.

So DONT tell me WHAT I know.

LMAO. First of all, the Duramax was NEVER a 6.5L. You are talking about their older diesel motor (pre Duramax). The Duramax has ALWAYS been 6.6L and is a COMPLETELY different motor from the older 6.5 diesel. Not even close to being the same motors.

Next...what are you talking about? The cast iron blocks are failing???? One minute you talk about cast iron, then refer to aluminum. Are you talking about the heads? They are the only part that is aluminum. Tell me how many problems you have personally seen dealing with the aluminum heads. The only problems were with the first motors being built and injectors. That problem has been fixed for a LONG time. I'd also like to hear about the cast iron block failing. Thats a good one... :rolleyes:

I think you need to go back to the diesel pages and re-read your BS information you base everything on.

I'll base my information on real world experience of people I know & family that actually own these trucks and use them on a daily basis. :rolleyes:

bens250ex
02-18-2006, 03:52 PM
LMAO. First of all, the Duramax was NEVER a 6.5L. You are talking about their older diesel motor (pre Duramax). The Duramax has ALWAYS been 6.6L and is a COMPLETELY different motor from the older 6.5 diesel. Not even close to being the same motors.

Next...what are you talking about? The cast iron blocks are failing???? One minute you talk about cast iron, then refer to aluminum. Are you talking about the heads? They are the only part that is aluminum. Tell me how many problems you have personally seen dealing with the aluminum heads. I'd also like to hear about the cast iron block failing. :rolleyes:

I think you need to go back to the diesel pages and re-read your BS information you base everything on.

I'll base my information on real world experience of people I know & family that actually own these trucks and use them on a daily basis. :rolleyes:

the 1st paragraph is about the 6.5 the older chevy motor, and then the secnd paragraph is about the new 6.6 . both are true chevy has never had a good diesel motor

MOFO
02-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
the 1st paragraph is about the 6.5 the older chevy motor, and then the secnd paragraph is about the new 6.6 . both are true chevy has never had a good diesel motor

Well he is the one that called the 6.5 a Duramax. Remember, he's a self proclaimed diesel expert. This should be pretty common knowledge.

I agree the 6.5 was a junk motor... I'm not even sure why this was brought into the discussion.

I think I'll pass on this thread filled with kids and "internet powered" knowledge. :rolleyes:

DieselBoy
02-18-2006, 04:11 PM
JUST to clear thing's up for you, DURAMAX=ISUZU. their "improving" upon the 6.2, and 6.5.

They never used a diesel design from the start...

MOFO
02-18-2006, 04:16 PM
JUST to clear thing's up for you, DURAMAX=ISUZU. their "improving" upon the 6.2, and 6.5.

They never used a diesel design from the start...

no chit, Duramax is an Isuzu engine. Are you saying the older 6.2 and 6.5L GM Diesels are made by Isuzu as well??????

Are you also saying that Isuzu does not make Diesel motors designed to be diesel motors from the begining, when they are designed?

DieselBoy
02-18-2006, 04:19 PM
GM & Isuzu's engine.

Maybe now they are grasping the fact that a Gasoline V8 can't tolerate the stress of the diesel cycle, but they didn't before.

They will never be forgotten for what they did.

The reason the 6.5 was brought into the discussion is because its basically an older version of the duramax. DUH....

MOFO
02-18-2006, 04:23 PM
GM & Isuzu's engine.

You've yet to make any points about a Duramax that you have personally dealt with. You make claims about the older GM diesel motors that have NOTHING to do with a Duramax.

I'm finished with this, you have a terrrible way of posting information. You do not answer direct questions, post factual information or make clear statements.

Have fun telling everyone else your false information that is based on nothing, I'll pass on this thread.

MOFO
02-18-2006, 04:25 PM

The reason the 6.5 was brought into the discussion is because its basically an older version of the duramax. DUH....

LMFAO! You have just shown me you know nothing about GM's Duramax. It is NOTHING like the older 6.5 or 6.2L motors!!! The only thing they share is the fact that they are 8 cylinders - THATS IT!

Isuzu, who builds the Duramax has NOTHING to do with the 6.5L motor!