PDA

View Full Version : MP3 player ?'s....i need suggestions

maxamillion
07-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Hey, Im thinking about getting an MP3 player/ I Pod , I dont even know the difference. Anyways, Im looking for something that is light and I can listen to while exercising and practicing sports. I would like it to hold around 100 or more songs.

I heard you can copy songs off of radio stations on some of these. Is this true, if so how does it work? Is this kind alot more money?

Im not to knowledgable on MP3's as you can tell. What do you guys suggest I look into? I dont want to spend a fortune.

Thanks-Max

suck my pipe
07-09-2006, 12:31 AM
OK . . . go to walmart with $80 buy a "Creative Sen Nano" there vary small and hold 500 songs and have clear fm radio. Cheap small awesome.

2002400ex
07-09-2006, 02:39 AM
i have a creative. i think it is 8 gb. it can record off the radio and is compatible with napster. it works very well. there is a much cheaper version, and i am sure it has the same features.

zeppelin
07-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by suck my pipe
OK . . . go to walmart with $80 buy a "Creative Sen Nano" there vary small and hold 500 songs and have clear fm radio. Cheap small awesome.

yeah thats what i have im pretty sure, i have the 2 gig version, and i rember it being like $100 less than the ipod with the same memory and the ipod didnt have radio...

Iliketogofast
07-09-2006, 09:53 AM
But the iPod is better.

<DRS>GPF
07-09-2006, 10:46 AM
the ipod has good compatability and a ton of accessories..

micro$oft is making a new one and so are a couple of others.. price battles are coming soon..

dont get something thats less than 1 gig, the more memory the better, especially if your going to watch movies..

if you get one with video, make sure it has compatability with mov, mpeg and as many other formats as possible.. more the better..

for me, something with upgradable memory would be best..

im looking for something that uses SD memory cards, so i can switch them out between my camera and mp3 player.. wipe off songs and replace it with video or still shots on the fly..
SD cards are cheap, 50X 2gig modules for about $35..

ELewandowski
07-09-2006, 10:49 AM
I have a dell diddy which I like alot, has fm tuner and is very small, and the dell mini jukebox, which is like the size of an ipod.

07-09-2006, 11:21 AM
i have a ipod nano and its always been good, battary lasts long, tons of space, fast, plus the games are fun in class :D (they come with small games on them :P)

07-09-2006, 11:43 AM
ipod is just a brand name

and they are expensive just because the name "IPOD"

just get a phillips :)

07-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
ipod is just a brand name

and they are expensive just because the name "IPOD"

just get a phillips :) nah... they are loaded with more features, and better quality. Thats why it has that name duh :P

maxamillion
07-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the comments. I think Ill head to walmart soon and see what all they have there. I may check out the nanos since they are small.

brapbrap13
07-09-2006, 03:20 PM
ipod video, best on i have ever bought. i had a dell dj but it broke a couple times had to send it back and what not. i had a mini mp3 player that on won. it was good only held about 30 songs and froze alot. i would deff go with an ipod.

07-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by brapbrap13
ipod video, best on i have ever bought. i had a dell dj but it broke a couple times had to send it back and what not. i had a mini mp3 player that on won. it was good only held about 30 songs and froze alot. i would deff go with an ipod. ipod videos are awsome, but alittle pricy

good nanos are like 150 :)

rtm1216
07-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Iaudio X5

I have one and it is by far the best player out there. I've had Ipods, Irivers and Creatives and they don't even compare. Plus I get about 35 hours on one charge.

My favorite feature is the line in recording. I can hook up a mic and record live shows or band practice w/ a pretty good quality. it also records fm radio stations.

NorCalRacer
07-10-2006, 07:26 AM
Like honda or suzuki:rolleyes: Brand matters. The ipod is very high quality. I have 6009 songs on mine, I haven't even heard half of them yet:devil: I put it on shuffle and have a commercial free radio station. My friend has gone thorugh two RCA players in the time I've had my Ipod.

400exrider99
07-10-2006, 06:09 PM
dont get an ipod get anything else but not an ipod

07-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider99
dont get an ipod get anything else but not an ipod lol and whys that?