PDA

View Full Version : New Piston and Cam...JETTING? (Other ?'s Also)

WheelieMan4
07-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Well I just put in a 85mm (stock) 11:1 comp. Wiseco piston and a Hotcams Stage 2 cam. I am lacking some bottom end now...but soon to be getting some 8x8/18s on it, which should help even it out.

I have a 42 K pilot jet and a 160 D main jet in it right now...Stock needle/and clip position, the air/fuel screw is 2 1/2 turns out also...I think its pretty close to good, but when I let off the gas it backfires...???

One other thing, the only reason I did this little "build" was because of a ticking/knocking noice I heard, and it is still doing it!?!?!?!? I dont know...and with that cam, it doesnt have an automatic decompression "thing" Will that hurt the engine at all? Why does the stock cam have it then...?

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: I put on a new perch/lever and took my p-brake off...I joined those to wires together, the ones that are like the clutch sensor ones, so that you can only start it with the clutch in when its in gear. So now it starts whenever...I did that because I didnt want to have to put it into neutral everytime to start it, just making sure that isnt bad for it...

~THANKS TO FOREVER HELPS ME WITH ALL THESE QUESTIONS~

400exstud
07-08-2006, 11:19 PM
That sounds real close. The backfiring is caused by a lean condition of the pilot IF you are letting completely off of the throttle.

Wheelie
07-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Lower the clip on the needle one notch.

WheelieMan4
07-10-2006, 09:14 PM
anyone else??