PDA

View Full Version : Tito VS Shamrock

JForestZ34
07-08-2006, 09:19 PM
I don't know how many of you guys are watching the UFC61, but who else is pi%^&! about how long the fight was. They should have let them fight it out a little bit more. I know there was 4 or 5 unanswered elbows being thrown at shamrock but come-on everybody was waiting for that fight.

James

honduh440
07-08-2006, 10:40 PM
tito is the shiet!

who's next?

6.0Powerstroke
07-08-2006, 11:22 PM
I should of just went to a friends unstead of spending 50 dollars for that!!! IT was way to short!

juiced450r
07-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Yeah I wish it would have lasted a little longer but that first won straight rocked Ken. I wish Tito could have punished him a lot more because he pretty much man handled him the whole fight. What about Sylvia throwing like 4 punches the whole fight that were not counter punches. That fight sucked!!! Sylvia just stood there waiting for Arlovski to do something.

400exrules
07-09-2006, 12:40 AM
dang i forgot, was it tonight? how did it turnout. sounds like tito stomped shamrock, AGAIN!

popo
07-09-2006, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
dang i forgot, was it tonight? how did it turnout. sounds like tito stomped shamrock, AGAIN!

Tito landed about 5 elbows into Shamrock, not defending himself and Herb Dean called the fight.

The main event went 5 rounds and was kinda boring.

250r4life
07-09-2006, 02:42 AM
yah... they definately should have let Ortiz beat on Shamrock a little more, so there was no doubt... they let that black dude bleed all over the place, but they stop it and Shamrock wasnt even cut up or dazed yet... he was getting rocked, but he needed to really get rocked before they stopped it...

man ive lost so much respect for shamrock...

jdwxv3
07-09-2006, 07:29 AM
I wish the official would have let the fight go a bit longer but if he did Shamrock would have just been more busted up. He did have a good sized gash on the right side of his head and a few more elbows up against that fence and he would have had a few more gashes on his face. Shamrock just needs to give it up. Tito is a much better fighter. He looks stronger and more driven than Shamrock. If they fight again and it is not stoped Shamrocks only chance is a lucky punch b/c he can not beat Tito. I seriously think Tito will really hurt him if they fight again.

As far as the black dudes fight, they did not need to stop it b/c he was thinking clearly. He still had a chance he just got caught with a nasty elbow that split him up. I think the black dude could acctually beat Joe if he did not get cut. He did bleed a lot though I was like:eek2:

What do you all think will happen in the Liddel fight? I hope Liddel dominates but I dont really know the other fighter.

Later, Josh

JForestZ34
07-09-2006, 07:38 AM
I haven't watched alot of the PPV UFC fights in the last couple years except for this one. But I can say this UFC 61 was the worst one I ever saw. I used to watch them back when they first had them at PPV. I saw the 1-5 ppv's and those were awesome. I know alot of things changed from then till now. THe first fight was great alot of action, and lasted 2 rounds with some good punching. The best fight of the night was the Burkman vs Neer fight. That one was awesome. Some good fight's going on there.

James

sakirocket28
07-09-2006, 09:43 AM
yeah, for all the s**t that shamrock was talkin all season on the UF, i really wanted to see him get stomped for a few more rounds and see a fight as good or not better than the 1st one when he faught Tito.. oh, and i was at hooters last night and i found out that they have the UFC pay per view fights for free on the big fight nights there!

popo
07-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Funny this is Tito showed up at the wiegh in running his jibs about Shammrock wieght being at 206, he started his typical
rants, punk mouthing the UFC etc.

Tito stepped on the scale at 206 1/2 :ermm: and still was flapping his lips.

I'm willing to bet Hughes would shut his punk mouth if they ever faught.

derekhonda
07-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by popo
Funny this is Tito showed up at the wiegh in running his jibs about Shammrock wieght being at 206, he started his typical
rants, punk mouthing the UFC etc.

Tito stepped on the scale at 206 1/2 :ermm: and still was flapping his lips.

I'm willing to bet Hughes would shut his punk mouth if they ever faught.

They both have 35 lbs on hughes, they would dominate.
Didn't see the fight...sounds like i didn't miss much.

quad2xtreme
07-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
I wish the official would have let the fight go a bit longer but if he did Shamrock would have just been more busted up. He did have a good sized gash on the right side of his head and a few more elbows up against that fence and he would have had a few more gashes on his face. Shamrock just needs to give it up. Tito is a much better fighter. He looks stronger and more driven than Shamrock. If they fight again and it is not stoped Shamrocks only chance is a lucky punch b/c he can not beat Tito. I seriously think Tito will really hurt him if they fight again.

As far as the black dudes fight, they did not need to stop it b/c he was thinking clearly. He still had a chance he just got caught with a nasty elbow that split him up. I think the black dude could acctually beat Joe if he did not get cut. He did bleed a lot though I was like:eek2:

What do you all think will happen in the Liddel fight? I hope Liddel dominates but I dont really know the other fighter.

Later, Josh

Joe completely manhandled that guy. Nobody can say for sure he could not have come back and won if not for the cut but up to that point, he was being dominated.

xtremefullbore
07-09-2006, 01:05 PM
I was quite pissed when Herb Dean called the fight Tito and Ken hate each other they should have definitly let them duke it out Ken had just barely a little blood on the side of his face, and the main event was the gayest thing ever. I dont recall the fight ever going to the ground. Andrei should have slammed Sylvia and gained control and let the fist start flyin, I hate to say it but the best fight was Eyvs Edwards vs. Joe Stevenson, for a guy to get up from that amount of lost blood is just incredable... i expect a Ken Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz 3 sometime in the next 3 months porbably the October or November time, but 2 fights Im pumped to see are Chuck Liddel vs. Tito Ortiz and Liddel vs. Sylvia (the sylvia from Japan who is a Pride Fighter and is now coming back to UFC)... also I hear rumors that Royce Gracie wants a peice of the Sobral guy that Liddel is fighting in November... but when Georges St. Peirre and Matt Hughes trade punches It will be sweet I cant wait UFC has a great schedule coming up exspecially since Tito Ortiz announced in the press conference he wants to fight Ken again and Ken said he wants to fight Tito again and so that fight will be a for sure.. Ken vs. Tito 3, and then Tito said after he beats Ken's brain in again, then he announced he wants a peice of Chuck Liddel again.. sounds exciting I love Tito but Im a bit mad he didnt get at least 1 round in with Ken..:ermm:

jdwxv3
07-09-2006, 02:01 PM
I used to not like Tito. But after the ultimate fighter he is one of my fav fighters. It does not matter if a person likes him or not he sure does make things interesting.

KiethShwiggy300
07-09-2006, 03:04 PM
anyone no the ufc website where you can watch all the fights

LTR racer
07-09-2006, 03:51 PM
the fight between wanderlei and chuck is going to be one to watch. as much as i like chuck im gonna have to put my money on wanderlei because that guy is just a maniac. they dont call him the axe murderer for nothing. then again he wont be able to use his stomps in a UFC fight so who knows.

QCquad83
07-09-2006, 03:51 PM
my opinion is that herb stopped the fight at the right time. shamrock was not defending himself and not one of those elbows missed i do wish it would have been longer but everyone needs to look at keeping a good name for the sport.

i have watched the MMA for years i live in the same area as militeich; who trains silvia, hughes, hogar, all of those guys. i use to take karate lessons from militeich when i was younger and watched him fight before he arrived at the ufc. Many people have bashed and badmouthed the UFC saying it isn't a true sport (mainly the boxing commisioners) and they say its a barbaric death match. when a fighter is unable to stop strikes it can cause more long term damage then a lot of blood. that is why they stop these fights at that point and in my opinion it is for the better of the sport.

TheIceMan
07-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by LTR racer
the fight between wanderlei and chuck is going to be one to watch. as much as i like chuck im gonna have to put my money on wanderlei because that guy is just a maniac. they dont call him the axe murderer for nothing. then again he wont be able to use his stomps in a UFC fight so who knows.

exactly....it's gonna be a good one :cool:

xtremefullbore
07-09-2006, 04:32 PM
i use to take karate lessons from militeich when i was younger and watched him fight before he arrived at the ufc.

sure.. :rolleyes: most of the people who Militeich trains actually are either stars or heard of...

Allen
07-09-2006, 05:21 PM
I had been reading on some MMA boards that Rampage Jackson was signing a one year contract with the UFC....?? I thought I would of heard something about that last night....oh well....can't believe everything you read on a message board.

Jackson and Liddell would be a must see.....you know Liddell wants a piece of him again......Jackson kicked the dog chit out of Chuck the first time.

Cody_300ex
07-09-2006, 05:45 PM
I agree they shouldnt of broken it up so quickly, I wanted to see Tito beat shamrock up for a round or 2 more but a win is a win!! Heres a video of the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GojZtWxw2-4

QCquad83
07-09-2006, 07:28 PM
sure.. most of the people who Militeich trains actually are either stars or heard of...

hey xtremefullbore

whats that mean u don't believe me not everyone has to be a champion. this was way before he had his own gym and i took lessons from him back when he taught at Nick Tarpens. and look where are from cities that are right next to each other and anyone can go to his gym now. so why the smart ***** comment?

quad2xtreme
07-09-2006, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't worry about it...xtremefullbore probably doesn't think anyone knew Bill Gates before he was a billionaire either. These guys didn't start at the top...

/Jon

xtremefullbore
07-09-2006, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't worry about it...xtremefullbore probably doesn't think anyone knew Bill Gates before he was a billionaire either. These guys didn't start at the top...

i doubt you know the first thing about Militiech...??:ermm:

coolex
07-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Cody_300ex
I agree they shouldnt of broken it up so quickly, I wanted to see Tito beat shamrock up for a round or 2 more but a win is a win!! Heres a video of the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GojZtWxw2-4

its been deleted because it was posted illegaly

does anyone know were else i can see this fight

quad2xtreme
07-10-2006, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by xtremefullbore

i doubt you know the first thing about Militiech...??:ermm:

You would be wrong. I have been watching UFC, Pride, K-1, King of the Ring since the beginning and read sherdog almost daily.