PDA

View Full Version : Oregon riding near Tilamook? HELP!

HondaRancherES
07-08-2006, 05:13 PM
We are going riding for the first time since the baby came so I wanna know what is the best place to go near Tilamook? Is Sand Lake any good? That's the one we are looking at.

Aceman
07-08-2006, 05:38 PM
I personally haven't been to Sandlake yet. There are a lot of trail systems heading out Hwy 6 between Tillamook and Portland. I've only been to Diamond Mill and up Trask. Diamond Mill was alright, seemed to be plenty of trails to rip around on. Here are some sites that would probably help you out. Just be careful if you're out at Sandlake, there are a lot of accidents because people don't pay enough attention to where they're going.

http://www.oohva.org
www.sandlakeduners.com
www.nwquadriders.com

JOEX is a member of nwquadriders I think, so he might be able to give you some more input on places to ride around there.

HondaRancherES
07-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Thank you for the links. We just wanted to try beach riding for once. Never done it.

Rico400
07-09-2006, 11:46 PM
ya sand lake is fun... i mean florence is awesome, well everything down south is fun. but sand lake is a great place. Theres trails, u can cruise on the beach, TONS of tree shots/hill climbs. only thing not there is jumps :( .

i just got back from sand lake actually, we parked out on the sand( 5 bucks a night) and i had a great time, we had young kids, early teens, adults and everyone had a great time.