PDA

View Full Version : NEED some info. about a yfz

Kevdog
07-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Hey guys... I just bought an 05 Yfz450 It has a bunch of mods that I will list below I a minute but I have a question about it...I bought it from a dealer ship and the guy told me that it has the 480 big bore in it...I am sixteen and I dont want to take a chance of messing the motor up...so what can I do to keep it running good...?? thanks for the info.. also what would be the best kind of gas to run in it...

MODS

+2 Alba A-Arms
Elka shocks/suspension front/rear
hiper beadlocks
maxxis tires
moose fat bars
curtis sparks pipe
bling star iron cross
lsr racing axle
I dunno what kind or stage but the guy said it has a hotcam
the 480 big bore
AC nerfs
rear skid plate
and a few other things I cant think of right now but thanks for the information!

pharit
07-08-2006, 03:12 PM
To find out what gas to you do this

Test the compression of the cylinder and check it with the factory manual to see what it should be. If it is higher i'd use race gas

About keepin it running good. Stick with the maintence schedule. And change the oil. and keep it clean my best advice

kendog57
07-15-2006, 11:27 PM
i would run a 50/50 mix of 110 and 93 and keep the oil changed on a routine basic. as for the big bore if you want to keep it change the piston every 10 to 15 hr of ride time. get yourself a hour meter that way you know how many hrs you have for sure
man

later kenny

pharit
07-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by kendog57
as for the big bore if you want to keep it change the piston every 10 to 15 hr of ride time.

Why???:eek2:

kendog57
07-16-2006, 10:01 AM
because if you don't change it you have the chance of the piston failing. if you want a stock bike you should of got one but now you have enter the wonderful world of big bore have fun with that one

pharit
07-16-2006, 01:03 PM
because if you don't change it you have the chance of the piston failing. if you want a stock bike you should of got one but now you have enter the wonderful world of big bore have fun with that one

Sounds a little extreme to me, My 330R doesn't even go threw pistons like that.......

kendog57
07-16-2006, 01:59 PM
i sell big bores and stroker for a living and i see people the same saiding why do i need to replace pistons some much my stock run for ever. well your stock motor is not pushing the limits of the motor. also i always get a call saiding i guess i should of replace the piston more because not the crank and the cylinder are all junk. and a stroker crank is like 1600 bucks and a cylinder is like 600 plus the big bore piston 250 so i just trying to help you out so you don't run into problems and ended up have a junk motor

rockman
07-18-2006, 06:32 AM

maybe if your drag racing the thing :rolleyes:
dude i doubt he's going to need to worry about it if this is his first 450. he probably won't push it to that kind of limit, why scare him like that. as for you kevdog, just keep the oil changed and i would check the valves before i got too carried away.

Kevdog
07-19-2006, 05:04 AM
How often should I change the oil?

pharit
07-19-2006, 02:45 PM
i think like every 3 tanks of gas