PDA

View Full Version : oil question

redlineranger
07-08-2006, 01:22 PM
ok i just got my yfz today, and it already had 4-6 hours on it.. so its still on the break in oil. i need to know how much longer i should ride it before i change the oil and filter. i really have never known much about yfz's except riding them. is there split cases like the 450r for transmission and all that. and if so how often should i change the transmission oil. thanks in advance

Splatter Matter
07-08-2006, 05:36 PM
get that oil out of there. i am freak when it comes to oil. i change it after every race. but if you just ride i would go every 10hr for both oil and filter.

redlineranger
07-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Splatter Matter
get that oil out of there. i am freak when it comes to oil. i change it after every race. but if you just ride i would go every 10hr for both oil and filter.

i mainly just ride..i go to a track like once or twice a month. but the oil in it now still looks great.... i filled the gas tank up yesterday and im gonna run it hard and finish this tank off and then change it. the guy that had it before me putted around trails. so its good for a couple more hours.

but i still need to know about the transmission oil. like the thing on it doesnt have a dipstick just a cap, so is it like just add more, or is there a drain plug to change it all together?