PDA

View Full Version : a better seat and how much?

repsol/honda
07-08-2006, 05:10 AM
i notice some of you guys use quad tech seats. is there more cushion for added comfort on longer rides? would you recommend them and how much are they? thanks for the info

07-08-2006, 08:59 AM
you can add foam to any seat, as for quadtech covers, they are very pricey, i believe in the $100 range, the best seat i have ever used is the N-style seemless gripper seat, as for foam, i dont add any, but if you have the 2004, the 2005 seems to have softer foam on it if you want to switch a buddy seats

Colby@C&DRacing
07-10-2006, 09:23 AM
I really like my quadtech seat foam and cover, yes it is a bit pricey at $170 but I am so much more comfortable when I ride now I can actually sit down and not get beat to death it was well worth the money for me.

QuadJunkies
07-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Ill have the Quad Tech seat cover on Wed. .From what I could tell w/o it installed, it DOES add some cushion. I found stock too hard anyhow,so I am looking forward to a more plush ride .

QuadJunkies
07-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
[B]you can add foam to any seat,/B]

Verde powersport added foam to my Daughters mini seat for added height and WOW... Its soooo nice and plush now!! It looks like a Deseert mini seat now !:p

eganracing
07-10-2006, 12:03 PM
i just recently bought the quad tech seat cover and foam. i thought i got a good deal but i was wondering what everyone else is paying. i paid 155 shipped.

QuadJunkies
07-10-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by eganracing
i just recently bought the quad tech seat cover and foam. i thought i got a good deal but i was wondering what everyone else is paying. i paid 155 shipped. Is this for the Hump seat?? That is what we bought.
Mine was same price as most everyone else Im assuming.

eganracing
07-10-2006, 12:25 PM
yeah i got the hump seat.

QuadJunkies
07-10-2006, 12:37 PM
yeah i got the hump seat. thats the colors we wanted,but they sent us one with the back end red... They couldnt manage to get a single thing done right on our order.. :rolleyes:

I think we pd like 170.00 for ours ,so I would say you got a good deal.

eganracing
07-10-2006, 12:43 PM
thats a bummer u didnt get what u wanted. did u try and send it back? i bought mine off a guy on a different forum site(trx450r.org) so im hoping mine comes as seen in the picture.

QuadJunkies
07-10-2006, 12:47 PM
thats a bummer u didnt get what u wanted. did u try and send it back? i bought mine off a guy on a different forum site(trx450r.org) so im hoping mine comes as seen in the picture.

I have waited for 2 months just to get the wrong one. no, Ill just keep it and be done .

450man
07-10-2006, 02:10 PM
i have the quad tech plus foam and it is awesome. at first it was hard to get used to for mx but now that it is broken in it works perfect. when you sit down now it is almost the same height as a stock seat, because it is warn in. but you back and bottom end don't take a beating because it is so soft.