PDA

View Full Version : Revalving shocks

JJs450r
07-07-2006, 09:30 PM
may be stupid question, im going to have c&d revalve my shocks in the future and i was wondering when they did the revalve if it is possible to put the reservoir on the front of the shock or is just a stupid question?

07-07-2006, 09:50 PM
do you mean have the rezzies facing forward towards the front bumper or out to the sides facing towards the front tires. im guessing u have a 450r by your name so you could just unbolt them and spin them in the other direction so the rezzies are forward but i wouldnt recommend it because they would take alot of hard hits by rocks and other flying objects

cody wills 77

07-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Why did Honda and Suzuki hide there rezzy's? I've never heard of a rezzie getting damaged from a rock or something. The YFZ's seem fine with the regular style rezzy's...Looks better too.

07-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
Why did Honda and Suzuki hide there rezzy's? I've never heard of a rezzie getting damaged from a rock or something. The YFZ's seem fine with the regular style rezzy's...Looks better too.

on the suzuki they said they were trying to move the weight of the rezzies toward the center of the chassis and as low as possible for better handleing.

07-07-2006, 09:59 PM
True, I can see that for the LTR, but for the Honda I think they just did it to be different.

JJs450r
07-07-2006, 10:27 PM
i mean why would elka have theirs up front if they were worried about damage i mean the shocks are what around 1200 right? or are is theirs more durable

trick250r
07-08-2006, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by JJs450r
i mean why would elka have theirs up front if they were worried about damage i mean the shocks are what around 1200 right? or are is theirs more durable that, and if it does break, guess who's gonna get the $$$ to fix it... hello elka ;)

Pappy
07-08-2006, 06:49 AM
In all my years of racing, and covering races, only on a few RARE occasions have I seen a shock damaged from anything besides a wreck. I have seen lines ripped off, ressies twisted and the small shrader valve damaged. Some of these were due to severe wrecks and not because someone was roosted.

bwamos
07-08-2006, 09:58 AM
I agree, Pappy.
I've been running my remote resivours right behind my front bumper for years, and have never sustained ant damage other than a scratch on them. I've taken a lot of roost being on a 300ex.. lol.

I beleive they face toward the rear to center weight, not protect them so much.

Downfall to that is that they don't get as much wind on them to help keep them cool. Of course they don't get as much mud either. ;)