PDA

View Full Version : am i right???

xtremefullbore
07-07-2006, 06:53 PM
just a little bit ago I went to ride my 400 and I just put new air scoops, and a new Outwears airbox cover on and I wouldnt think it would need re-jetting but.. I go outside and I start to ride around and once I put around I try doin a wheelie and my back tires just spun and my front didnt even budge to come up, and then I tried to shift through the gears and once I get the throttle about 3/4 the way down in gears it starts to cut out and sounds like a banshee because it pops. Im almost 90% posative it needs to be re-jetted, am i right?

bansheexcracer2
07-07-2006, 07:24 PM
you wouldnt need to with just the air scoops but with that cover you messed with the air flow so you will need to rejet it. You are probibley getting to much fuel.

Pappy
07-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by bansheexcracer2
You are probibley getting to much fuel.

You mean air and not enough fuel:p

CannondaleRider
07-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Any performance change(more air intake, more free flowing exhaust, etc) almost always requires some form of rejetting.

Definatly rejet it...running a bike lean is not good at all

xtremefullbore
07-07-2006, 07:37 PM
i didnt think the cover would need to be re-jetted that kinda blows...

CannondaleRider
07-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Yeah, it's do to more air being allowed into the airbox at a given time, when the jetting is setup for the amount of air which was coming in before....thus, to much air=not enough fuel=lean..

xtremefullbore
07-07-2006, 07:47 PM
ok thanks... but cannondalerider... i see blackwidow in ur sig. I am shopping some new shocks, are the blackwidows nice??

CannondaleRider
07-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Different Blackwidow.

Blackwidow ATV is a company out of Salt Lake City, that specialized in Cannondale parts, and service, along with a new quad they're gonna put out sometime(AWSOME quad)

Sorry, lol

GPracer2500
07-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by xtremefullbore

Souds like you don't want to screw with it. Try going one or two sizes up on your main and turn your fuel screw out a 1/2 turn. That may not be perfect but is probably good enough.

Personally, I don't like "good-enough" jetting but for plenty of people that's just what the doctor ordered.

Once you have the jets in hand, you can make those changes in 20 minutes. Good luck!

xtremefullbore
07-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Im kinda like you I want my jetting to be point on if I have to mess with it..

LTZ400rider
07-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by xtremefullbore

well if u want power jetting it is the trick
doesnt blow so much after all