PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a DUNE TUNE

easyrider470
07-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Alright check it out....i have a List of mods and then you can tell me what you think....i moved out here to California from Indiana and need to adjust for the elevation.....
Wiseco 440 kit....Edelbrock Carb.....Stage I hot cam....White Bros. CDI.....Titanium Valves and heavy duty springs....duncan double barrel exhaust

What type of jetting do i need....it's ridden in the dunes 100% of the time.....it boggs right now when it's cold and then when it warms up it improves but it just doesn't feel as powerful as it used to......i know there's more in there...maybe i need the stage II cam and a valve job.......any suggestions????

07-07-2006, 08:11 PM
to me sounds a lil bit rich. so i would say lean it out a 1/4 turn and see if it improves.

mattonln
07-08-2006, 01:03 AM
is your bike new to sand? did you not ride sand before? sand extremely robs horsepower from a quad and will make it seems like it may be bogging or losing power, its just the sand. if not, you may want to lean out the jetting a little and see what you think.

slvrlakerdr08
07-08-2006, 04:00 PM
im guessin that u rode at silver lake alot when u lived in indiana right? well the sand in california is finer so it might rob a lil more horsepower but i would try leaning it out a bit too.

easyrider470
07-09-2006, 05:39 PM
well i feel a little silly now...i took the carb all the way apart and cleaned everything....i then realised that the freakin carb doesn't even have jets.....it work on a needle assy. only.....edelbrock made it way easy to tune the bike.....there's no guessing really.....so i went to tune...adjusted the float....re-adjusted the throttle cable....re-seated the jet with the correct turns for lean/rich......now it won't start for nothin....so i pull started it ...and it was runnig really high idle but it still need some more tuning....too loud for the apartment complex so i'll have to take it out next weekend to get a good amount of time for a tune....thanks